John Brown and his backers

From the Sun:

ExclusiveBy IAIN KING

Published: 3 minutes ago

RANGERS fansâ?? leader John Brown last night met with wealthy Fife businessman David Boyack, who is backing his puntersâ?? buyout bid.

Bomber was joined by a host of Gers legends at a glitzy dinner in South Queensferry as his quest to wrest control from Charles Green gathers pace.

SunSport can reveal that Gers diehard Boyack, who has pumped fortunes into the Ibrox club over the last two decades, is just one of a host of backers Brown has now got cemented in.

There are also significant American investors waiting in the wings, and Brown said: â??It was great to take time out to talk things over with Davie, whoâ??s a real Rangers man.

â??Irene and Tiny, the legendary Ibrox kitchen ladies, were also there and their families have a century of service to our club between them.

â??That and all the encouragement I got from the former players meant I was amongst the REAL Rangers family.

â??Iâ??ll take my hits from Malcolm Murray if I have to, as I appear to have done today.

â??I say to him to let the fans be the judge of whatâ??s the next best move for Rangers.â?

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz1z8HuDrgA

I had the greatest of respect for John Brown as a player and he did a job under McLeish & Watson, not sure what he's done recently at Murray Park but happy to accept that he was a valuable asset.

BUT I am the only one who found his pronouncements yesterday embarrassing, cringe worthy even. There was no substance at all and no indication that either he or any of his backers (whoever they are) have any money or any business acumen or experience. OK so one person with a million or so is about to step put of the woodwork but we've heard all that so many times in this saga, it's boring.

I found his call not to renew season tickets in a bid to oust Green irresponsible just as the same call from RST was equally irresponsible.

I and no doubt thousands of others have made up our own mind not to renew until we see some clarity about the league we will be playing in and the price we are asked to pay, others like GA decided to renew regardless; we are all capable of making this decision without Mr Brown's assistance or doubtful motives.

Charles Green and his consortium were the successful bidders for our football club; everyone else had their chance and failed. Anyone else who has significant money will no doubt be welcome at their table.

I don't see any chance of Charles Green selling unless he gets a silly offer and I don't see any chance of Bomber Brown and his associates buying the Club either.

Time we all got on board the same ship in my opinion.

Guest Dutchy

I would say you're wrong in your analysis BH. But we all have our individual opinions, and that's not going to disappear any time soon.

JONATHAN HOPE last night revealed he is backing John Brownâ??s bid to gain control at Rangers as he wants the club back in the hands of loyal fans.

The Glaswegian football agent has come forward with the promise of funds due to his friendship with the former Gers player.

Newco Rangers are currently owned by Charles Greenâ??s Sevco but Brown wants control to go to the supporters and is fronting a takeover bid.

Hope is willing to back the plan, while making it clear he has no interest in long-term positions or placement within the running of the club if Brown succeeds.

He told Record Sport: â??I am backing the Rangers fans and Johnâ??s campaign to bring ownership of Glasgow Rangers FC to the fans.

â??Iâ??ll have no involvement in any role at Ibrox, except that my hospitality box may cost slightly more than most! Seriously, I grew up a Rangers fan and remember the days when players played for the jersey.

â??I used to love the days where my grandad would take me through crowds to the turnstiles. I want that family feeling brought back.

â??Iâ??m going solo on this one. Itâ??s personal and has no links to any businesses or people I am involved with.

â??Once a Ranger always a Ranger. Why should I be different merely because I have a few quid to back a friend and Rangers legend?

â??John is the leader and Iâ??m a face in the crowd who will proudly stand behind him with the rest of the family. Iâ??m dealing directly on a friendly basis with John.â?

Hope is understood to be willing to offer cash backing to Brown, which would be in the shape of a loan and be payable back with no interest. Rangersâ?? future gain would come from the agent using his contacts in other sports and the celebrity world to bring money-spinning events to Ibrox.

Hope explained: â??My role isnâ??t a profitable investment, just that Iâ??m merely supporting my friend.

â??But I have plans that I would propose to the future board where we can bring world championship boxing and concerts to Ibrox.

â??My boxing promotion company will be launching soon and I have eight fighters who have belts or are ready to go for belts at pro levels.

â??I could launch that with Rangers Promotions, as well as helping the club to host music events.

â??My other ideas for bringing in revenue to Rangers are in place but I have no further comment to make until John announces progress.â?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/06/30/rangers-in-crisis-football-agent-jonathan-hope-throws-weight-behind-john-brown-s-bid-for-power-at-ibrox-86908-23902481/

Ok Mr Hope, if you want to invest in your favourite football club, why not just phone up the current owners who have puiblicly stated they will happily take anyone's money who want to invest?

If it is Rangerss fans you want to invest with, why didnt you get involved with the Blue Knights when they were desperately scrounging around for investors as their numbers hit the skids?

If its just publicity for your agency you are after, why not just come out and talk to all the papers and tv about how you are going to do this and that and invest with a bid that has no chance of ever buying the club? Oh wait a minute.....

@johnbomberbrown: Finally joined twitter. I know U R all eager for news. I will keep U posted on whats happening @ #RFC. More news 2 follow Pls RT @markdaly2

@johnbomberbrown: I've had 2 stay quiet & not come out with any statements so our deal isnt compromised. Please be patient there is more to follow

@johnbomberbrown: @WEB_3D_LAW @markdaly2 not even thinking about fast food tonight! too busy working on the bid