My Debt To Light Blues

By Andrew Dickson

ROSS PERRY says he committed to newco Rangers because he feels he owes the club for giving him his opportunity to make it as a professional footballer.

The young defender was in the group of players which reported to Murray Park for the start of pre-season training this morning.

Perry insisted at the end of last season he was determined to remain at Ibrox for the remainder of his contract, which expires at the end of the 2014/15 campaign.

He is staying true to his word and is keen to repay the Light Blues for the faith they have shown in him over the last few years.

The 22-year-old was speaking exclusively to Blues News and you can hear from him, Lee Wallace and youth supremo Jim Sinclair on RangersTV.tv tonight.

Perry said: "I've been here since I was 11 or 12 years old and Rangers have been there for my whole football career.

"They've been great to me and I think I owe them. I played a little bit last season but I think I've got a lot more to give.

"Hopefully over the next season or two I can do that. This is my sixth or seventh year as a professional and it has been great here.

"The manager and the staff have been here for the majority of that time and I've loved every minute of it.

"Obviously some of the boys have felt the need to go elsewhere but I'm comfortable here and I'm happy here."

Good on you son

http://www.tv.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120628/my-debt-to-light-blues_2254024_2825689

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but this could be the start of a legendary 11 for Rangers, fingers crossed.

I've said it before but it does really surprise me that all the younger players are not taking this opportunity to step up and use this situation to develope thier careers!. I really hope that the ones that do go on to have a great career in football.

Well done Ross, shame some of the senior players saw pound signs before football :(

Cant agree with this.

MOST, not all admittedly, would have been thinking as much about the football as the pound signs. Davis, Naismith and McGregor for example.... all will not have to worry too much about their next wage packet. Also, all will likely find themselves an EPL club. I think that there is more that points to them making the move for football reasons than for money reasons.

I might be being naive in that but someone like McGregor, for example, has proven before that it isnt all about the money for him. He has stayed when he had chances to leave, and probably on less wages than he could have got elsewhere. Somebody like him, to me, it is about the football.

Would any of us honestly, and try to answer the question to yourselves honestly, want to stay when there is a solid chance you will be plying your trade int he FOURTH tier of Scottish football ? When you could go and play in the top tier or 2 down south and also get paid better and with probably more security ?

Lets not forget that there will be NO European football for 3 years anyway. And also that many of us think the Championship is a better standard of football than SPL anyway.

Cant agree with this.

MOST, not all admittedly, would have been thinking as much about the football as the pound signs. Davis, Naismith and McGregor for example.... all will not have to worry too much about their next wage packet. Also, all will likely find themselves an EPL club. I think that there is more that points to them making the move for football reasons than for money reasons.

Their revised contracts would have made it easy for them to be transferred at low values if they had wanted to. They decided to walk for financial reasons, rather than move across and let the club get a share of the value.

Their revised contracts would have made it easy for them to be transferred at low values if they had wanted to. They decided to walk for financial reasons, rather than move across and let the club get a share of the value.

Or maybe they had a distrust of Charles Green. It might not have been money motivated, at least not directly. We just dont know.