Over the last few months we have been subjected to a daily diet of heated debate, varying opinion, wild speculation and troublesome hearsay regarding our future. Recent events seem to have left us with a dilema regarding where we will be playing next season, with many fans demanding a drop to the 3rd division and many others viewing the option of a short stay in the 1st Division. Like every Rangers fan, I have read much on both of these alternatives and what it could mean to our club. I have chewed over possible outcomes and the reasons for them but there is one thing that is troubling me about all of this. What state will the league be in when we return to the top flight?

As much as I totally understand the desire of many fans to see the financial capilulation of the clubs that voted against us in the SPL, but ultimately where would that leave us and our game? Rangers do not exist in a football vacuum. We need a league to compete in and the stronger that league is, the better it will be for us as a club long term. That's maybe why I'm leaning towards Div 1 at the moment. As much as I would love to dish out some revenge to the clubs that have peddled this "sporting integrity" line , I am not sure watching their financial demise unfold for 3 years as we rise through the leagues is the best thing for our club. Surely the reason we would want to rise from the so called ashes is to take our rightful place as Scotlands premier football club? If that is the case, then I fail to see the benefits of us returning to an inferior league than we already have (if that's posible)

Is now not the time for long term thinking? Once we have established where we will be and what form the footballing bodies will take, IMO we need to swallow a huge bucket of pride and instead of marginalising ourselves in the Scottish game, be at the forefront of the changes that surely lie ahead.

As I stated above we don't exist in a football vacuum and we need a decent league to play in. Sure, we will never forget these odious clubs an their two faced double standards but let's be the bigger person here. Let's regroup and rebuild and get back to doing what we do best. Winning football matches and lifting trophies.

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

I'm with you and have been saying the same on Twitter and my FB Gers page.

The best tonic we can dish out to the haters is by coming back and beating them. Imagine what the Euphoria will be like when we win our first SPL? It'll be the best of my lifetime.

I'm tired of all this now, the same as everyone reading this. I want an end to the league situation as we have a far bigger issue on the ownership of the club. LIke you, i am well aware of all the arguments about going to div 3, but that actually hurts us too. I know people say we will get called cheats etc if we only drop one league. Do you honestly think if we paid back every penny to the taxman, paid all our footballing debts and went to div 3 starting with a 10 point deduction, work our way up to the SPL that they are going to drop the "cheats" tag?

Not a chance, we're stuck with that for life.

Division 1 is only acceptable if the sanctions that accompany it are balanced.

IMO they are currently unfair and unbalanced and we cannot accept them.

The powers that be cannot have their cake and eat it. Either we are the same club as before, in which case our right to be in the SPL is assured but they are open to raise sanctions for our financial implosion, or we are a new application, in which case we can have no sanctions because we have not played a game yet, not broken any rules, and are entitled to be treated as such.

What the SFA et all are trying to do is say we are a new application which has to take responsibility for the financial implosion of Scottish football due to our previous entity's mismanagement (throught a fraudulent takeover forced through by a bank) and we have to pay everybody for the wrongdoings of a bank and Whyte.

It doesnt make any sense or stand up to scrutiny.

The problem, as I see it, is that we are in an incredibly weak position to negotiate from.

Even if we apply straight to Div3, there are still many ways that the SFA can hurt us. They could "officially" deny us our history, they could force a change of club name, they could strip titles, and worst of all, they could deny us re-entry.

The problem, as I see it, is that we are in an incredibly weak position to negotiate from.

Even if we apply straight to Div3, there are still many ways that the SFA can hurt us. They could "officially" deny us our history, they could force a change of club name, they could strip titles, and worst of all, they could deny us re-entry.

It would be worse if couldn't challenge them in Court.