RFFF meeting with fans reps - 4/7/12

If more information can be given out by the RFFF why is not being done so now and not just to a select few at a meeting on Wed? Either the information is confidential or it's not.

Also the RFFF should not have access to the season ticket database as that's a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Why are the RFFF doing this and not the club or the Assembly? The RFFF was put together to deal with cash and that's it.

Why are they taking on all this additional responsibility and who is deciding that they should be the ones that are doing this kind of thing. There's a conflict of interest, which has already resulted in people asking for a refund in their donations.

Are the RFFF doing anything about the lack of collective responsibility shown by their board?

I dont speak for the RFFF as I am not involved in it, but I am close to what is going on in it and would offer this as a response.

At the last meeting of the RFFF which was on the day of the march to Hampden, the representatives of the Rangers support who were gathered there suggested, voted and confirmed that they were giving a mandate to the committee of the RFFF to act on behalf of the support collectively in dealing with club issues.

At that meeting it was asked for anybody who wanted to be part of the RFFF committee to step forward. A handful of guys did just that and they were duly accepted onto the RFFF committee with the approval of the attendees.

The RFFF includes members of the RST, Assembly and Association as well as some forums, individual RSC's and well known and trusted fans like Andrew McCormack, Bobby Roddie and Andy Smillie (now resigned).

One area I agree with you on is that of collective responsibility. That should have been a given. Unfortunately the RST rep has broken ranks with this as he is fully supportive of another group, but refuses to step down from the RFFF when pressed.

The RFFF have had weekly meetings with D&P, then the Green consortium after they took over, to discuss club business. They have been asking the questions all fans wanted answered, including seeing proof of funding and the backers to the group, and have been working constructively with the club owners to try to overcome the many problems we are facing regarding getting a league to play in.

I dont believe there is a conflict of interests as a collective, as their only interests are to save our club. Some of the committee should have stepped down, but didnt. They continue to work with the club via the RFFF and actively work against the club by pushing any number of bids (TBK, McColl, Brown).

I dont know how they square that circle.

I dont speak for the RFFF as I am not involved in it, but I am close to what is going on in it and would offer this as a response.

At the last meeting of the RFFF which was on the day of the march to Hampden, the representatives of the Rangers support who were gathered there suggested, voted and confirmed that they were giving a mandate to the committee of the RFFF to act on behalf of the support collectively in dealing with club issues.

At that meeting it was asked for anybody who wanted to be part of the RFFF committee to step forward. A handful of guys did just that and they were duly accepted onto the RFFF committee with the approval of the attendees.

The RFFF includes members of the RST, Assembly and Association as well as some forums, individual RSC's and well known and trusted fans like Andrew McCormack, Bobby Roddie and Andy Smillie (now resigned).

One area I agree with you on is that of collective responsibility. That should have been a given. Unfortunately the RST rep has broken ranks with this as he is fully supportive of another group, but refuses to step down from the RFFF when pressed.

The RFFF have had weekly meetings with D&P, then the Green consortium after they took over, to discuss club business. They have been asking the questions all fans wanted answered, including seeing proof of funding and the backers to the group, and have been working constructively with the club owners to try to overcome the many problems we are facing regarding getting a league to play in.

I dont believe there is a conflict of interests as a collective, as their only interests are to save our club. Some of the committee should have stepped down, but didnt. They continue to work with the club via the RFFF and actively work against the club by pushing any number of bids (TBK, McColl, Brown).

I dont know how they square that circle.

TB, I'm not going to fall out with you but there are a few things here that are incorrect. Firstly, the committee was in place prior to the meeting on the day of the march. It was at the previous meeting that it was set up. Also, it was my understanding that they had a mandate whilst the club was in administration but there was nothing to suggest that they would have a role when we came out of administration or when we were sold. I also think that you are being unfair singling out the 'RST' rep when the Assembly and Association have issued similar statements. I'd also like to point out that Mark was invited onto the committee at a meeting prior to the bigger meeting. I'm unclear whether this was because he was on the RST Board or representing the Assembly or as the owner of FF. I'm pleased to see that the committee is asking pertinent questions as you have probably given more information here that has come out from them. Who else do you think should have stepped down, I know Andy and Jim C already have? I also think that it's wrong to say people are actively working against the club because they would prefer owners with a connection to the club. I would never do anything to harm the club, I have had a season ticket since 1974 and have followed the club home and away since then. I haven't yet decided what to do about my season ticket but please don't accuse me and others like me of trying to harm my club just because I have doubts about handing over £600 of my hard earned cash to people I have doubts about.

Was Andy Kerr's statement not before the RFFF meeting? Given Mark and Andy 's positions on the RFFF do they accept collective responsibility and advise people to renew their tickets or not? I'm a bit confused as to the current positions.

I believe Andy Kerr was out of the country at the time of the RFFF meeting which resulted in the statement encouraging fans to buy their season tickets.

so anyone on the rfff that doesn't support green should step down.

yeah that will represent the wider support in the best possible way.......

Anyone on the RFFF who calls for action that will directly harm the club should be chased out ASAP.

how can they protect us if anyone who doesn't support the owner is forced out?

Maybe you should ask them why they left, I've not heard any of them telling us why.

You either leave them to get on with the job and trust them or we call it a day and go and watch the tennis, play golf.

And they haven't supported the CEO/Owner they have said they have seen nothing wrong and asked the fans to back the club, and for that they called sops to the owner.

Edited by GovanAllan