Fleck: We were all told lies

JOHN FLECK last night revealed the Rangers players feel BETRAYED because they were told a catalogue of lies as the club lurched towards oblivion.

The 20-year-old severed his ties with the Ibrox club after refusing to have his contract switched to Charles Greenâ??s newco.

Fleck, who jetted south yesterday to speak to interested clubs in England, admits he canâ??t believe the current state of the club.

And he puts the blame squarely on the former owners who dragged Gers into the mire by not coming clean about the seriousness of the financial problems.

Fleck â?? a target for Coventry City â?? said: â??Itâ??s terrible. Youâ??d never think something like this could happen to a club like Rangers.

â??But a couple of people have taken over the club and just told lies.

â??Itâ??s not been great for the boys or the staff at the club.

â??When you see John Brown standing outside Ibrox speaking to the fans, youâ??d never think something like that would have to happen.

â??It seems the fans donâ??t trust Charles Green, but I have never met the guy.

â??I was on loan at Blackpool, so I wasnâ??t around the place.

â??I donâ??t know whatâ??s best for Rangers now.

â??It depends if Green is the man to take the club forward, but I donâ??t think the fans believe he is.â?

Under-fire Ibrox chief Green has savaged the players who have exercised their right to refuse to join his newco and has threatened to sue them and their future clubs.

But Fleck insists his decision to walk away is NOT a financial one. He said: â??Some fans think the boys are just leaving to get more money, but I am going for football reasons.

â??I donâ??t think I would have played under the manager.

â??The fact other boys had said they were leaving maybe made it a wee bit easier.

â??But I was always thinking about it.

â??I want to be playing regularly and if I get a good run of games I think I am a half-decent player.

â??Itâ??s all about finding the right club.â?

Fleck, who burst on to the scene at Ibrox as a raw 16-year-old before falling out of favour, reckons the experience of Lee McCulloch will help the next generation of Gers kids flourish in the SFL.

He said: â??The young boys might get a decent chance if the club are not playing in the SPL, so it will be good for them.

â??Lee is staying so heâ??ll probably be the captain.

â??He doesnâ??t want to move his family so is staying and thatâ??s good news for the club.â?

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4402583/Fleck-We-were-all-told-lies.html#ixzz1zEHrX6Dn

As with most Rangers players leaving, I don't wish them any harm. I can't say I like it, or feeling good about it. From day one I knew that Jelavic was in for a short term, unless we would get into the CL again - maybe. I can see that many people do not view e.g. Everton as the club a Jelavic should aim at, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if the Toffies are just another stepping stone for him. He was simply not bound to be snapped up by ManU, ManC, Arsenal et al, who usually (!) do not scour the Scottish market for top quality. With Fleck, who has been at Ibrox since he was a boy, who has tasted European football, Scottish league and cup stuff, the story is obviously different. He was going to be second or third fiddle for years to come, had we progressed as usual last season. He strikes me of the sort of ambitious guy who always wants to be involved. It is therefore quite strange that he jumped ship when his chances of progressing at Rangers are greatest. That is something he will have to live with, as his brother had all those years ago. That will haunt him forever and IMHO is pain enough. Hence, farethee well and thanks for the memories.

BTW, I am rather dissapointed with McCabe too, for he would have been a cert in any future line-up.