Rangers Football Club

In the past week or so whilst going about my business I've travelled throughout the country enjoying the scenery, Skye is such a lovely place to visit as is Portpatrick a wee place near Stranraer.

Have you ever looked at Scottish football grounds on your travels? Some interesting history all about us.

Albion Rovers in Coatbridge have a nice wee stadium to be proud of I passed it only today and thought how wonderful it would be for that struggling club to welcome the famous Glasgow Rangers and their fans to their ground, how exciting it would be for that town to have a meaningful game against the world's most successful club.

I also drove past Cappielow Park in Greenock this week and thought 'shite, we used to play them on a regular basis' wouldn't it be something for the fans of that club to look forward to a game against the famous Glasgow Rangers?

A couple of weeks ago I had a look at 'Boghead' (what a name) in Dumbarton and felt a tad sorry for such a great Scottish football team who won the first of any league title even if they had to share it with Rangers. I suppose they can say they won the next years title without sharing it, good on them.

There are many other 'famous' grounds I've passed on my travels and thought 'I've been there' other grounds I've been to no longer exist and that's in my lifetime.

Shawfield Park home of Clyde no longer exists, neither does Stirling Albion's ground Annfield.

I'm not saying I agree that Rangers demise could be good for Scottish football as a whole but what I would say is that it might bring some change to our game. I know it could be said why the f**k should we help out 'wee diddy' teams...I'm thinking why the f**k not?

If the so called 'big' teams in Scotland want to banish us then let it be, they have an agenda which is called self interest, we now have the opportunity to help the smaller clubs in the community enjoy what was once a regular feature on their calender?

While we do these great things for the community we also bring success to ourselves (it's always been that way anyway)

Eventually we will win back our rightful place in Scottish football and everything will be as it was, and hopefully and this is a hope btw, the bigoted sons from across the city will settle down and accept that there's 'only really one great team in Scotland' and that's....The Rangers.

We can do the time...as for the rest, their time will come.

Sorry to be pedantic but it's not Glasgow Rangers. It's Rangers and always will be
At last, someone who agrees with me! I've been banging on about this for years. We don't say 'London Arsenal' or even Woolwich Arsenal. We are The Rangers - it says so on the gates of Ibrox.

No one can argue that the correct name is "Rangers" or "The Rangers" but the expression "the famous Glasgow Rangers" is well known and well used especially in the context used by the OP.

Those of us who have been fortunate enough to travel abroad following our team also know well that we are often referred to as "Glasgow Rangers" (or even simply "Glasgow") in a way that Celtic never are or will be.

No one can argue that the correct name is "Rangers" or "The Rangers" but the expression "the famous Glasgow Rangers" is well known and well used especially in the context used by the OP.

Those of us who have been fortunate enough to travel abroad following our team also know well that we are often referred to as "Glasgow Rangers" (or even simply "Glasgow") in a way that Celtic never are or will be.

Fair doos mate but Rangers will always just be Rangers to me. In fact Rangers and indeed Celtic are among a unique group of British clubs that don't derive their names from a specific geographical name/location. St.Mirren, Albion Rovers, Queen of the South and Arsenal are 4 more. There might be a few more that I've missed??

Fair doos mate but Rangers will always just be Rangers to me. In fact Rangers and indeed Celtic are among a unique group of British clubs that don't derive their names from a specific geographical name/location. St.Mirren' date=' Albion Rovers, Queen of the South and Arsenal are 4 more. There might be a few more that I've missed??[/quote']Hibernian, I suppose. Everton? Outside of L'pool not many will know this is a district.

BH - Celtic have often been called Glasgow Celtic by English media. I object to that FWIW as well.

Sorry to be pedantic but it's not Glasgow Rangers. It's Rangers and always will be

Sorry but you are being pedantic. You may be factually correct but we are not The Teddy Bears, The Gers etc, either if you want to split hairs. Growing up in the 60s we were always proud to sing of The Famous Glasgow Rangers, and we won't stop now - not for any Grammatic Police.

'As I was walking down the Copland Road I met a bunch of strangers and they said to me we're off to see the FAMOUS GLASGOW RANGERS'.