Ian Black agrees deal with Rangers

But you must see that right now we do not have much options and for the price (free) Black is an astute signing.

I see we dont have the options. But I also believe that we could have gotten another freebie to do as good a job as Black who doesnt also carry the baggage Black does.

I will be disappointed if we end up with this wee ned in our squad.

It is strange because from what I hear around Edinburgh is that Black is quite a quiet lad.

You are happy to have someone at the club who was arrested and charged with possession of a "Class A" drug and who only got off because a witness didnt appear in court ?

we were lacking a bit of bite in the middle last season its the old reasoning give a dog a bad name remember cantona when at leeds turned out to be a booby dazzler at united i wish the boy well .

My disdain for him is less to do with his footballing ability than it is about his lifestyle and, generally, being a knob.

Likewise, I think that Riordan would be a decent acquisition from a footballing perspective. Would I want him anywhere near the club given the type of person he is ? No chance.

Was I happy at El Hadj Diouf signing ? From a footballing perspective I felt he had the talent (sadly didnt show it here) but as a person I didnt really want him here (that said he does do some good stuff for charity - however, every negative incident takes a lot of positives to be negated)

I like to think that WE would be looking for players who dont carry negative baggage. Sadly in this day and age they seem to be the exception rather than the norm.

We had Caniggia.

Was I happy he was at Ibrox ? As a player, yes. Lifestyle choices no.

Ian Black, from a footballing perspective is no Caniggia.

Would I take Messi if he was coke-addled ? Aye, I probably would. I didnt say I wasnt hypocritical sometimes :D

But I dont really rate Black either - I dont think he is that good a player and when you throw his previous in, plus his attitude towards Rangers fans previously, then it is a signing that I wouldnt want us to make.

Was I happy he was at Ibrox ? As a player, yes. Lifestyle choices no.

Ian Black, from a footballing perspective is no Caniggia.

Would I take Messi if he was coke-addled ? Aye, I probably would. I didnt say I wasnt hypocritical sometimes :D

But I dont really rate Black either - I dont think he is that good a player and when you throw his previous in, plus his attitude towards Rangers fans previously, then it is a signing that I wouldnt want us to make.

So it's about his ability then and not because he was arrested and charged with possession of a "Class A" . That's fair enough .

Edit - Or a little bit of both :)

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil