Rangers in third division not viable - SPL chief Neil Doncaster

...and technically a place in Europe!!!!

I also look forward to every SPL sponsor pulling out of the league due to no Old Firm games and the fans of these wee diddy clubs backing their teams to make up the shortfall. Pricks!!

"Why should 41 innocent clubs pay the price for the misdeeds of 1, so the 4th tier (Division 3) is not a viable option."

So given this we should be in NO league and should be refused our SFA/SFL membership. Right ?

Because otherwise we would be put in the SFL1 where the only clubs to gain will be our 9 opponents, less than 25% of the member clubs. If they put us in SFL1 the SFL 2 and 3 clubs dont really get any benefit from us either.

Doncaster is clearly shitting himself that the SFL put us in Division 3. I know this has the potential to be a "cutting your nose off to spite your face" comment but I really, really am now hoping that we refuse SFL1 if offered to us.

10 clubs wanted us out of the SPL. They got their wish now let them reap what they have sown. FUCK THEM.

The Rangers FAMILY, should it stick together, will absolutely come back stronger through this situation. Lets pay SPL prices for ST's, back the club through thick and thin, generate a healthy cash reserve (Charles Green will need us more than ever, so should be amenable to us having certain amounts of ST monies, if paid at SPL prices, ring-fenced - shouldnt be hard to do) and we will wave at all these bastards on their way down as we emerge even stronger.

Times of trouble result in leaders being born. It also has a history of galvanising. Time for us to lead, galvanise, restructure and consider ourselves the black sheep of the family, but one which is absolutely determined to not only come back, but come back stronger.

Agree entirely Craig. If Green is in it for the long haul (relatively speaking) then he needs to capitalise on the ill feeling towards us, create a siege mentality and kick on from here no matter what division we're in. A full Ibrox week in, week out, will help ensure passage back from division three is as smooth as it can possibly be.

Problem is, there's still groups of Rangers supporters who don't want Green anywhere near the club, so he's going to struggle to unify the support.

Maybe now that decisions are finally being made, Green will have a bit more to say on what his plans are.

Guest Dutchy

Why did Craig Whyte get his hands on Rangers due to the incompetance of one cheif executive, with supposedly the games best interests at heart????

Why did Craig Whyte get his hands on Rangers due to the incompetance of one cheif executive, with supposedly the games best interests at heart????

I dont think that it was down to one person to be fair Dutchy. Regan is clearly culpable but we cant ignore who sold RFC to Whyte either. Whyte should never have gotten as far as being proposed to the SFA as our new owner. Our previous owner should have prevented the sale.

there will now be moves in the sfl boardrooms to reject our application to join the sfl, green should be courting these clubs/chairmen to make sure we are playing in one of their divisions lots of these little hitlers know they have a shot at getting their names in a football big time decision last year their biggest decision would be to paint the lavvys now they might get carried away with this we bit of power .

I can see why those in division 1 would be pi$$ed off if we were to just drop in there, but I'd be less surprised if they voted us in to division 3 as there would be a cash injection to all clubs from the bottom up and also a chance to stick two fingers up to the SPL.

Remember we've also been blamed for making other clubs spend money they couldn't afford to try and match us in the past, so its no surprise we're being blamed for this one too.

If there's no SPL, I'm guessing that's the last we'll hear from Doncaster on the situation as the SFL are a separate body? Not quite sure how it concerns him from here on in, he just needs to get his own house in order.

I've recently read a report in the Washington Post that suggests that one of the rifle men on the grassy knoll in 1963 was wearing a Rangers strip? I'll try to dig out the link.....

I dont think that it was down to one person to be fair Dutchy. Regan is clearly culpable but we cant ignore who sold RFC to Whyte either. Whyte should never have gotten as far as being proposed to the SFA as our new owner. Our previous owner should have prevented the sale.

I take your point about Murray, but to know and do nothing, then punish us for knowing and doing nothing is wrong.