RST Statement - Division 3 Only Option with No More Sanctions

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co...refuse-rangers

Division 3 Only Option with No More Sanctions

The Rangers Supporters Trust today slammed the Scottish football authorities for their lack of leadership after Rangers were refused entry into the Scottish Premier league. The decision leaves the club not knowing where it will be playing next season and the only credible option left on the table is for the club to join the third division of the Scottish Football league (SFL).

The club must now be given the time and space to recover and rebuild from this difficult position which was caused by years of corporate and potential criminal mismanagement from previous owners. The 10 point deduction last season and refusal of entry to the SPL this season should be sufficient punishment for previous wrongdoings so the trust is calling all Scottish football authorities to draw a line under further investigations and allow the club to recover without fear of further sanction that will just not damage the club but have wider ramifications for the Scottish game.

Trust Spokesman Mark Dingwall said:

â??We are disappointed but not surprised by this decision which has been taken out of malice rather than for the greater good of the Scottish game. This decision is also a massive social blow as refusing entry to the SPL will likely result in job cuts at the club as well as damage the local Glasgow economy.

â??The decision has absolutely nothing to do with sporting integrity as if it was the club would be joining the SFL in the third division rather than being parachuted into the first division. If Steven Thomson, Rod Petrie, Stuart Milne and the other SPL chairman who voted to refuse Rangers entry into the SPL are serious about sporting integrity then they too will insist on the club starting again from the bottom of the football league. If Rangers are to enter the football league then we must do so with integrity by joining the third division and working our way up. The SPL in one hand claims to be protecting sporting integrity yet in the other is trying to enforce a shameful solution that is solely designed to protect their self-interest. And given that newfound desire of most SPL Chairmen to listen to fans they will surely take on board the findings of the recent survey of Rangers season ticket holders which shows that 80% of fans think Rangers should join Division 3.

â??And when the club does enter the SFL the ridiculous and draconian transfer embargo must be lifted. The club currently has only 13 first team squad players and if it is to be able to properly compete next season and move on from this saga then it needs to be able to sign players. The club cannot continue to be punished for the misdemeanours of previous owners who are now being subjected to a criminal investigation which will hopefully ensure that those responsible for our clubâ??s current plight are held to account. Future justice for this debacle should be served by the Courts and not the football authorities at Hampden.

â??Rangers and the Scottish football community need to move on from this mess and take the game back from the brink so clear leadership is needed from the football authorities.â?

Dingwall generally does my tits in but he makes some valid points!

I will only renew my season ticket if it's Div 3 now.

And if it is Div 3 then I'm genuinely looking forward to a new adventure and visiting some grounds I've never been to.

Guest Bluenose80

I'm not normally in agreement with the RST on most issues however I feel this statement sums up the feeling of most Rangers supporters. I hope SFL stand up to Doncaster and Reagen and put is in Div3 and let the SPL clubs face the consequences of their actions.