RST Statement - Division 3 Only Option with No More Sanctions

I think that "sporting integrity" or other clubs' fans perception of what that means have put us out of the SPL but business reasons are what are driving the SFS/SPL to promote their solution.

I agree that is why we should only accept the 3rd division. I am off the fence.

I understand the sentiments of the RST statement and of the majority of fans, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that the club doesn't deserve to be (what will essentially be demoted to) playing in division 3 because of what Craig Whyte and others have done.

It's not a fair or just punishment in any way, shape or form.

The SPL & SFA have completely neglected their duties to Scottish football and it's most successful member club by allowing things to come to a point where we look likely to be put in Division 3 and so many people including our own fans see it as the best course of action.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Division 1 with no further sanctions is the lowest level we should be playing at after what's happened. Any punishment beyond that such as having to start at the bottom in Division 3 is not only an unjustified and excessive punishment, but complete and utter madness.

The people running Scottish football as well as the 10 SPL clubs who voted against us at Hampden yesterday should be ashamed of themselves.

Guest Bluenose80
I understand the sentiments of the RST statement and of the majority of fans, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that the club doesn't deserve to be (what will essentially be demoted to) playing in division 3 because of what Craig Whyte and others have done.

It's not a fair or just punishment in any way, shape or form.

The SPL & SFA have completely neglected their duties to Scottish football and it's most successful member club by allowing things to come to a point where we look likely to be put in Division 3 and so many people including our own fans see it as the best course of action.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Division 1 with no further sanctions is the lowest level we should be playing at after what's happened. Any punishment beyond that such as having to start at the bottom in Division 3 is not only an unjustified and excessive punishment, but complete and utter madness.

The people running Scottish football as well as the 10 SPL clubs who voted against us at Hampden yesterday should be ashamed of themselves.

I see where you are coming from but going to Division 1 is purely for SPL/SFA's financial gain and we should not allow them to profit from us anymore. Stewart Reagen has also already said there will be further sanctions so we cannot continue to allow them to use and abuse us however they like. We will also forever be told that they LET us into Div1 when we should have been in Div3.

On what basis does Mr Dingwall assert that "this decision which has been taken out of malice rather than for the greater good of the Scottish game." and why would the SPL Chairmen take account of "likely result in job cuts at the club as well as damage the local Glasgow economy" in their decision making process"?

He says that â??The decision has absolutely nothing to do with sporting integrity " because the "SPL chairman who voted to refuse Rangers entry into the SPL (are not insisting) on the club starting again from the bottom of the football league". This ignores the fact that it is the SFL Clubs who will decide if and in what division Rangers are admitted to that League.

It must be clear to all concerned now that the SFA/SPL preferred option of SFL1 is highly unlikely and will not be forced on the SFL Clubs.

Youâ??re the guy that phoned a potential investors boss and asked him to look at why his employee was going to invest in our club as it might effect your professional life.......................rite?

I would agree with you mate on first point if it was the old club being relegated but a newco should apply and work their way up. If we applied for England and got accepted we wouldnt be able to walk into the Championship.

The people running scottish football have been in an embarrassing state for over a decade now anyway. The decline started long before our episode, but its taken this to almost finish it off.

People blame Sky and yes the money thing has created a gap between Scotland and England which is where we used to try measure the Old Firm against, but if we had stuck to keeping our own league and game in order we'd not be in the state we are in. There are leagues all over Europe who dont get good TV money yet have a good standard of football.

I look at countries in Scandanavia and see them playing summer football plus now having teams who can beat the OF. Then I look at former Yugoslavian countries who were only created less than 2 decades ago yet Croatia and Serbia are far more technical than us and produce better national sides by a mile.

Edited by Gribz

The RST's most prominent figure, Mark Dingwall, certainly gives the impression of being financially improper, wouldn't you say?

Besides, you should hear what senior RST types say about other Rangers fans, particularly those on FF's rival forums. "Bastards" and "''tards" are two of the descriptions most often used.

Anyway, why am I telling you this? You should know better than anyone what they say about rangers fans on FF.

You’re the guy that phoned a potential investors boss and asked him to look at why his employee was going to invest in our club as it might effect your professional life.......................rite?

Whit? I hope you're joking.

The RST's most prominent figure, Mark Dingwall, certainly gives the impression of being financially improper, wouldn't you say?

Besides, you should hear what senior RST types say about other Rangers fans, particularly those on FF's rival forums. "Bastards" and "''tards" are two of the descriptions most often used.

Anyway, why am I telling you this? You should know better than anyone what they say about rangers fans on FF.

I'm guessing the irony in your statement is unintentional?

No irony from me, my friend. I don't abuse other Rangers fans, I just hold up a mirror to those fans who do so. I also speak freely about the impression Mr Dingwall gives, as this site allows free speech. Another poster labelled the RST "corrupt" and given MD's chequered history, I can understand why the poster feels that way.

As for GS, he is avidly pro-FF and I doubt if he would bother denying it. Saying so isn't abusing him.