Smoking in the toilets

Now I realise there have been a few issues being discussed that divided fans - but i would like to think what other people think of this issue, and what we can constructively do to suit all parties!

Smoking is now against the law in public areas. but the last 3 times or so i have been to the toilet at half-time i have come out stinking like id just spent the whole night down the pub!

obviously im a non-smoker. Smoking in the toilets does bother me. but i would never want to grass up another fan. yesterday i saw someone getting taken away by the police, and as soon as the copper had gone, everyone got their cigg's out!!

surely there could be some way that fans can get access to a smoking area outside the ground? something fenced off... I dont know how many here have been to pittodrie, but an area like that at the back of the stand, but still secured so no1 can jump in!

am I the only one that thinks something should be done about this?!

Guest Stan Smith

Got to say I'm in a small merry band of ex smokers who think smokers are treated appallingly. That said, whilst I support the rights of the smoker as much as possible, these daft actions will hurt no-one but the club. I've heard people moaning about the stewards not doing anything, but lets be honest here, who would fancy telling half a dozen folks to put them out in the lavvies at half time.

It can be very busy and I;d imagine very dangerous for an authority figure on their own to try and enforce it.

My view? the law should step in. Bit draconian, but if people cant behave with the most basic of requests, then all rights to "due process" need to be forfeited I'm afraid.

And, let me say again, I am very pro-smoking as an ex smoker!