* Wow! Mhank pals?? He's not a guy to have front of house I grant you, but Mhank pals?

Brown backed Stephen McKenna's bid to buy Rangers. It's unclear whether he is still one of the guys that Brown is fronting.

Guest Corkie

Oh sorry I get you now. Thought that guy was long gone and that Brown had different backers now - or was that just wishful thinking?

Oh sorry I get you now. Thought that guy was long gone and that Brown had different backers now - or was that just wishful thinking?

Not sure. Brown refuses to identify his backers. I guess we have to ask how many people are there out there that want to buy the club and want Brown to front for them? It could be that McKenna has disappeared and his backers are remants of TBKs or this mysterious east coast guy that tried to buy the club for £11m.

There was a guy he and the goalie used to hang around with who was quite wealthy. Alistair someone or other, I think. Cant remember his surname. He may be one of them. Who knows?

Brown suggested his main backer was an east coast millionaire. After being pressed, Brown asked Goram if we could name him but he wouldn't allow him to do so.

FWIW, I think Bomber is well intentioned but clearly lacks the expertise to win any debate. Coincidentally one of his backers (a Martin Peters?) did speak well (as did Goram actually) so I'm surprised Bomber has been chosen to lead their PR.

Brown suggested his main backer was an east coast millionaire. After being pressed, Brown asked Goram if we could name him but he wouldn't allow him to do so.

FWIW, I think Bomber is well intentioned but clearly lacks the expertise to win any debate. Coincidentally one of his backers (a Martin Peters?) did speak well (as did Goram actually) so I'm surprised Bomber has been chosen to lead their PR.

My whole problem with with this consortium is Brown, why did obviously wealthy men pick probably the worse guy in the world to front for them and why would you need a front if you quietly approach Green and get the deal done first.

Not sure. Brown refuses to identify his backers. I guess we have to ask how many people are there out there that want to buy the club and want Brown to front for them? It could be that McKenna has disappeared and his backers are remants of TBKs or this mysterious east coast guy that tried to buy the club for £11m.

There was a guy he and the goalie used to hang around with who was quite wealthy. Alistair someone or other, I think. Cant remember his surname. He may be one of them. Who knows?

Aliaster Donald by any chance.

I now he wanted to invest a considerable amount a few years ago for a transfer kitty, but wanted control over his investment so it fell through.

My whole problem with with this consortium is Brown, why did obviously wealthy men pick probably the worse guy in the world to front for them and why would you need a front if you quietly approach Green and get the deal done first.

My thoughts exactly, There are many people that could front a bid better than Brown.