Steven Davis signs for Southampton

One would hope that these new beginnings could spawn a new approach with the correct infrastructure a club like ours should have. You know, a vast scouting network, a developed ideology for developing youth and a general approach to play football in the correct way. But, I have seen this all before and I don't see it happening.

One thing is for sure, Ally McCoist can have absolutely no excuses for playing the same turgid, mind numbing football in the lower divisions. Even if we get a squad together easily capable of winning Div 1, I can honestly see us being regularly out played for large spells of games. I would like to go back to seeing Rangers play in the fashion they did during my youth, ie with skill and grace. The football we have played for basically 10 years has been absolutely dire and while it may get short term victories, it does nobody any good in the long run.

I will happily attend games in the lower divisions but I shall not undertake a 300 mile all round trip to see us outplayed at home playing aimless long balls hoofed up the park. Let's build from scratch, starting with a positive approach to football that entertains the supporters. Any excitement from recent seasons has come from individual skill (and aside from Aluko there's not been much there either) as opposed to the mentality adopted by the manager.