Steven Davis signs for Southampton

FFS i find myself agreeing with GS twice in 5 minutes!!

While I have total resentment for the captain of our club walking away in these circumstances, I really thought he would do much better than a EPL newbie who will of course be hot favourites for relegation.

I truly believe he (and the others) will regret the decisions they have made this summer for the rest of their lives.

the ones I am dissapointed in are ness and mccabe. its a bit unrealistic to expect Davis naisy McGregor to spend any time in the lower leagues. but ness and McCabe could have stayed and helped us recover while improving themselves.

I wish people would stop going on about it being unrealistic about players staying with Rangers in the lower leagues. It was never about that. They had already pulled the wool over the eyes of sum fans with there wage cuts, with there very very release clauses.

It was and still is about them transfering to the newco and then getting sold on to give the club some money. They would have all still got the same moves and they club that has payed them furtunes would have got some money back in.

There's no risk, their agents have been sounding out clubs for months and the fees weren't going to be very much, although still very useful in our situation.

Agree mate.

The same people that are saying Green is happy for the players to leave so as not to have to pay them are saying the players would not risk Green not selling them?

They cant keep up with there own stories ha.

their is a risk. Davis for example was on 37k a week. you add a 2 million fee to his deal and you start to narrow options.

naisy twice torn his cruciate. add in a fee and he becomes a risk.

whittaker he will be lucky to be on the 23k he was getting here nevermind with a fee.

Agree mate.

The same people that are saying Green is happy for the players to leave so as not to have to pay them are saying the players would not risk Green not selling them?

Certainly an element of trying to blame Green for anything possible in some of it.

Agree mate.

who's saying that?

their is a risk. Davis for example was on 37k a week. you add a 2 million fee to his deal and you start to narrow options.

naisy twice torn his cruciate. add in a fee and he becomes a risk.

whittaker he will be lucky to be on the 23k he was getting here nevermind with a fee.

So the only risk is maybe bit less money for them?

As I say, mercenaries.