Murray's empire continues to crumble

I don't believe Murray has done anything to warrant jail. I believe Whyte should but doubt that he will.

Certainly tax evasion possibilities if the EBTs are proven, not to mention his involvement in Craig Whyte's fraudulent takeover.

Certainly tax evasion possibilities if the EBTs are proven, not to mention his involvement in Craig Whyte's fraudulent takeover.

There is a difference between outright tax evasion and not performing a tax avoidance scheme properly. I don't see any way he'd go to jail for that.

Likewise it's not a crime to sell a business to someone who is dodgy.

There is a difference between outright tax evasion and not performing a tax avoidance scheme properly. I don't see any way he'd go to jail for that.

I doubt the chances of Craig Whyte are really that high either then, both have clearly done immoral things that have wrecked our club but in terms of the law perhaps they've done nothing.

If he'd still been a director at the time of the takeover would he have been in breech of his fiduciary duty to the shareholders of the 14.7% he did not control?

Also I note this week LBG pumping (voluntarily) £8m into the victims Farepak after a complete and utter savaging (particularly of Peter Cummings) by the judge when summing up at the collapse of the trial of the former Farepak directors (who he cleared of any blame), what odds BDO pursuing our former bankers?

If he'd still been a director at the time of the takeover would he have been in breech of his fiduciary duty to the shareholders of the 14.7% he did not control?

I'd have thought that he was not acting as a director when selling the shares and as such he would be OK. Couldn't say 100% though and it's an interesting concept.

I doubt the chances of Craig Whyte are really that high either then, both have clearly done immoral things that have wrecked our club but in terms of the law perhaps they've done nothing.

There's a couple of things he could be got on:

1. Buying a company with the assets of that company.

2. Not fulfilling the obliation made in the initial sharehoilde circular.

3. Illegal trading.

He could probably escape 1. Point 2 would need someone to really push for it but it may still happen. Point 3 is a given in my opinion and he should be charged for that and I'm surprised HMRC have not been pushing for it already.