Andy Goram-Route 1

By ANDY GORAM

Published: 17 minutes ago

LIKE almost every other Rangers fan alive, Iâ??m all in favour of starting from scratch in Division Three.

Taking our medicine and rebuilding this great club of ours with pride.

Rangers have made mistakes and they should be punished. And, in my eyes, demotion to Division Three is the right way to go.

But, for the sake of Scottish football and the future of the game in this country, the ONLY thing to do is to parachute Gers into Division One.

Anything else would spell the end. Armageddon, financial meltdown, call it what you will.

If Rangers are banished to the Third Division we might as well pull down the shutters and go home. Scottish football would be dead in the water.

Up and down the country there are chairmen and chief executives who are now finally waking up to this.

I donâ??t care if people call me arrogant, no Rangers means no Scottish football.

And thatâ??s why I applaud Stewart Regan for having the b***s to stand up and say so.

Donâ??t get me wrong, I think the SFAâ??s chief executive could have handled it better.

To suggest there would be mass social unrest without Rangers was ridiculous. But the sentiment was right.

There has been a witch-hunt orchestrated against my old club and in the stampede to see Gers punished people have lost sighof the bigger picture.

Yes, Rangers should be dealt with but the bloodlust must stop.

The very future of the game in this country depends on it. Iâ??ve no idea how the vote will eventually go next Friday but common sense just HAS to prevail.

And if Rangers do find themselves playing in the First Division then they must be sanction-free.

Rangers have been absolutely beaten over the head with sporting integrity.

Itâ??s the reason they wonâ??t be playing top-flight football next season and the reason many want to see them start again in Division Three.

But if they somehow end up in Division One then Iâ??m afraid sporting integrity flies out the window â?? along with any sanctions.

Many Rangers supporters have been asking me what is happening with John Brownâ??s bid for the club.

Let me assure you all, Bomber has been working flat out and things are gathering pace behind the scenes. We are hopeful of an announcement next week. Bomber, as you know, put a bid in last week of £8.7million and it was refused point blank.

But we all know Charles Green is not in the project for the long run.

There will hopefully be an announcement next week and fingers crossed it will be successful with the figure that he wants.

He canâ??t backtrack on that now. Hopefully thatâ??ll happen and get the club back to the fans as Johnâ??s idea is no one individual will run the club.

The supporters deserve to be involved in the club now.

And thatâ??s his plan, bring Rangers men back to the club and really start from there.

Charles Green really must consider his position.

There is no long-term plan at all, there is no investment coming in. They keep coming up with figures but they have never proved it.

Bomber tried to get his legal team in to have a look at the title deeds for everything and to make sure that itâ??s all above board.

If you think thatâ??s the case, then sure, just go ahead and buy your season tickets.

But by that time hopefully something else will be in place â?? and we can genuinely move the football club forward in a different direction for the future.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4415225/Rangers-in-First-is-only-way-to-save-our-game.html#ixzz1ztCo1xsS

Fed up of this let 'Rangers men' run the club. Let someone who has the best interests run it regardless who they support or played for. Being a rangers man doesnt mean they will steer the club the best. Are Arsenal ran by Arsenal men? Yet out of all the top EPL teams they operate in the black.

And if Scottish football goes to the wall - which it shouldnt, just some SPL clubs will - then rebuild and start again. If Aberdeen, St Mirren etc then go into Admin they can start again like we are doing....let the Albion, Cowdenbeaths have a spell and rebuild the countries game from absolute scratch and in 15 years time it will be for the better. For me there will always be a product and demand for football. TBH the game has went so far back in the country a new start is probably needed from grass roots anyway.

Who cares if Green isnt here for the long term. As long as he acts with Rangers best interests while here and sets up a nice platform for the next owners to come in then I dont have a problem if he is here 1 day or 1 decade. What I like about Green is he seems to be acting without any blinkers on and common sense can sometimes prevail in that situation.

Edited by Gribz

LIKE almost every other Rangers fan alive, I’m all in favour of starting from scratch in Division Three.

But, for the sake of Scottish football and the future of the game in this country, the ONLY thing to do is to parachute Gers into Division One.

So you're not in favour of startiing in division 3. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of it? Goalie, I love you but STFU.

CHARLES GREEN is set to keep his promise to Rangers fans – by giving them the chance to own half the club.

Many supporters questioned Green’s reasons for buying the stricken club for £5.5million and some have backed consortiums fronted by Walter Smith and John Brown. But a stockbroker is now due to arrive from London next week to help the club launch a share issue.

And an Ibrox source said: “We’re going to announce shares will be offered for sale to supporters and this proves what we said at the start.

“We’re bringing a stockbroker up from London. People can come to the ground and register if they want a share.

“They will be given the opportunity to buy shares for the same price as everyone else and if they buy all that are available to them, they will own 50 per cent of the club.

“Contrary to what some claim, we’re going to do a lot of things we said we’d do and more besides. Things that are not yet public.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/07/07/rangers-in-crisis-charles-green-to-give-fans-chance-to-own-half-of-ibrox-club-with-new-share-issue-86908-23905404/