Ibrox club line-up Craig Beattie as next signing if transfer ban is liftted

He's a bit injury prone but would be a decent signing given our situation, a bit like Ian Black, this type of player will be our normal signing level until we are back in the SPL for a few years and back on track...

He's a bit injury prone but would be a decent signing given our situation, a bit like Ian Black, this type of player will be our normal signing level until we are back in the SPL for a few years and back on track...

I would entertain any of these players under normal circumstances,however we need to sign the best players available to get us back as quick as possible,and I'm sure there will be a lot of players still very keen to wear the Rangers jersey

Guest Dutchy

He seems to know his way to goal and that's what we need in the 3rd, goal scorers.

What happened to Healy BTW?

I'd say Beattie scores more than him, but Healy's not had as many games.

And where exactly do SPL players who past their best go? Oh that's right the lower leagues.

Where are Rangers at the moment hopefully? Oh that's right the lower leagues.

You better get used to it.

we should focus every penny we have on players on their way up not their way out.

we should focus every penny we have on players on their way up not their way out.

we also need experienced players who will help us at present and bring young players on for the future.

I disagree with that,the famous quote of 'you win nothing with kids' is true in some cases,in our case you will need experience to get you out of the lower divisions

I disagree with that,the famous quote of 'you win nothing with kids' is true in some cases,in our case you will need experience to get you out of the lower divisions

we have jig, broadfoot and Alexander. Ian black is young enough to be fine.

we should be looking at the fyvie and Murphy's of this world not beattie.

plenty of younger players or there that would tear up the sfl.

Murray Davidson another worth a look.

also look at this guy.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/england/2012/07/03/falkirk-striker-farid-el-alagui-snubs-spl-interest-to-sign-for-brentford-86908-23903922/

better record and more sfl experience than beatie but younger.

Beattie & Black would be decent additions but I can't see either happening if it's division 3 for us which is looking quite likely and is where most of us hope/think we will be.

A bit off topic but I think we'll turn our noses up at most 'signing targets' for the next few years. However we need to realise the situation we now find ourselves in. Hopefully if we're in the 3rd and allowed to sign players we should be able to attract decent 1st and 2nd division players to help us get back up through the Leagues mixed in with our youngsters and Mr McCulloch :D