Leggat - Rangers Fans To Cost SKY £8M A Year

Why did you cancel mate?

I cancelled in April and the reason I gave them was the way the SFA were treating Rangers, not just the sanctions but the fact the SFA were doing nothing to assist a club in trouble. To be honest, I cannot remember the exact specifics now as there have been so many things have happened and it is difficult to keep track of what happened when. As I said, I was making an economic protest, telling them that they were sponsoring an organisation that was putting the boot into my club. I felt really angry and had no other way of venting my fury. I wrote to the SFA and SPL and never received a reply and telephoned the SFA and left a message and no-one got back to me. Their silence has been deafening unless it had the words sanctions or sporting integrity in it.

I cancelled in April and the reason I gave them was the way the SFA were treating Rangers, not just the sanctions but the fact the SFA were doing nothing to assist a club in trouble. To be honest, I cannot remember the exact specifics now as there have been so many things have happened and it is difficult to keep track of what happened when. As I said, I was making an economic protest, telling them that they were sponsoring an organisation that was putting the boot into my club. I felt really angry and had no other way of venting my fury. I wrote to the SFA and SPL and never received a reply and telephoned the SFA and left a message and no-one got back to me. Their silence has been deafening unless it had the words sanctions or sporting integrity in it.

Ok mate i cant agree with this as simply it's just pissing in the wind but thats your choice.

Ok mate i cant agree with this as simply it's just pissing in the wind but thats your choice.

I think in terms of the bigger picture you are probably right, but so far I have saved about £210 since mid May and the money I am saving will go to Rangers shares or the RFFF, so I am happy with that.

It's not the subscriptions that will hurt Sky, it's the lack of advertising revenue.

The Old Firm games pull in 800k-900k viewers for Sky, of which there have been 4 which makes roughly 3.5m viewers per season. Games involving Rangers and other SPL teams get average viewing figures of between 250k and 330k, and there are roughly 15 of them across Sky and ESPN, which makes roughly 4.5m viewers per season.

Games involving non-old firm clubs all pulled in under 100k except the Edinburgh derby which gets just over.

So even being generous, and assuming the games that replace our 19 or so games on Sky get 100k each, that's only 1.9m viewers against 8m which we pulled in.

So Sky and ESPN are likely to suffer a drop in ratings of around 75%, and that'll have a significant impact on their advertising revenue. And this also assumes that the viewing figures for Celtic's games remain the same, and I doubt very much that'll be the case as a lot of Celtic fans would watch our games and vice versa.

Bottom line is Sky and ESPN will need to renegotiate asap or lose money.

What do youy think about the sale of the old firm games across the world. Nearly every country I know shows the old firm game.(admittedly I don't know many counties)

Guest Xander1873

I intend to cancel my Sky Sports package as well as ESPN, if Rangers aren't on it then I have no need to subscribe to it.