very interesting stuff from Di steffano.

If we did not terminate our membership back then, some Scottish journos will find to way to pull us another leg, inventing something about double membership et al.

But Di Stefano is invited to come back with these Middle East investors of his. If they eat up the plc's debts, the whole farce about our membership trials would suddenly become quite "funny", or "not so funny", if you were Regan, Doncaster and all those goblins who tried their hands in playing gods.

Di Stefano recommended us as a purchase months ago, but his backers aren't interested in Scottish football and who can blame them?

With a chance, even if it takes time, of playing in one of Europe's top leagues, Rangers are worth a lot of money.

Right now, stuck in the Scottish leagues, we're simply not a sound investment.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-812973

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB FOR THE ENGLISH FA? THE JAMES BOND CONNECTION.

By OnlinePubCo | Posted 3 minutes ago | UK

CNN PRODUCER NOTE

In a tersely worded letter Giovanni Di Stefano ex head of three football clubs that have competed in UEFA Championships unleashes a question that may baffle the sombre English FA.

The question is whether or not Rangers Football Club is a member of the FA.

The answer to that question may well be the difference between Rangers Football Club playing at a level they deserve or not at all.

On Friday 13th the Scottish Football League will vote on whether a new company acquired by Charles Green from the ashes of Rangers Football Club PLC can play in Scotland.

Di Stefano better known as the Devilâ??s Advocate has stated in his letter to the English FA that â??will admit what we will call the â??newâ?? Rangers Football Club into their Division 1 without sanctions.â?

If that does occur it will infuriate the Rangers Supporters who preferred a start at lowly Div.3 of the Scottish League.

But Di Stefano contends in his letter that: â??According to research carried by a supporter of Rangers Football Club the club was per se admitted to the English FA in a special sitting in 1885 and I note that the English FA was already in its incorporated form since 26th October 1863.â?

Whilst the answer to such may seem academic only and may keep many sport lawyers occupied Di Stefanoâ??s motives appear commercial.

At the moment The Rangers Football Club PLC is still only in administration and thus a company capable of being resurrected. Millionaire Charles Green acquired the assets of Rangers Football Club PLC for just over £5 million when the British Government refused a deal on the tax they say they are owed.

â??But that is only a contingent liability and the tax authorities may or may not succeed in Court. If they do not then Rangers Football Club PLC is a viable proposition IF it has English league standing,â? said Di Stefano.

â??Since the English League does not start for some time I can confirm that subject to your response on this vital issue there is a prospective party from the Middle East who may well acquire the shares of The Rangers Football Club PLC (in administration) and accept all the contingent liabilities if the club is still de facto entitle, as it would appear it is, to play in the English FA League since there is no evidence to the contrary,â? is the final paragraph of the letter.

But where would that leave Charles Green and Sevco 5088 Ltd that acquired Ibrox stadium? Di Stefano has always contended that the football club is a different entity to the corporate body.

The option of playing in the English league has been mooted by Scottish Clubs for some time but never properly advanced. The attitude of the media broadcasters that bankroll Scottish Football is clear that if Rangers are not part of the equation then as one executive said â??itâ??s no deal or a limited deal.â?

One question was however, answered that many movie buffs have been asking for over fifty years. Why was James Bond given the numbers 007?

In his letter to David Bernstein the answer Di Stefano letâ??s slip. â??The Football Association became a Limited Liability Company on the 23rd June 1903 under company registration number 00077797. I understand in fact that Ian Fleming who enjoyed football so much used the 007 numbers from the certificate of incorporation for his fictional character James Bond.â?

The affairs and fate of Rangers Football Club certainly require the likes of James Bond to unravel.

If something sounds to good to be true then it usually is.

Yeah. Still that 1% chance that there might be something in it (and di Stefano getting someone over the SFA will sure be a bit of satsifaction to him) is enough to wet some people's trousers round Pacific Quay et al.

Well, here's a bit from his twitter account (collected and adjusted a wee bit) ...

Boy oh boy have I had some hate mail over Rangers I mean why do people today enjoy seeing someone something fail? One can understand the likes if Brady, Huntley, Saddam, Manson etc, but Rangers are not indicted for murder or crimes against humanity so why the hate mail?

Just shows what a fxxxxg sick society we are developing. Well for the record those who wish me ill cos of my investigations into Rangers .. can well and truly EFF OFF cos I will pursue this to the end as I don't see why a football team should be excluded from playing cos of the Fxxxx ups of maybe two or three people and if that makes me a target well I say to those targeting me join the fxxxxx list I won't stop