When may we expect our SFA licence to be confirmed.

Rangers could yet fail to take up a place in the Third Division.© SNS Group

Rangers’ prospects of playing in the Third Division remain uncertain because of a stand-off between the Scottish FA and Charles Green over conditions attached to the transfer of the club’s membership.

STV understands Sevco Scotland Limited is currently unwilling to accept the imposition of a 12-month signing embargo, originally placed upon the club by the governing body on May 11.

The Scottish FA want Green to accept the punishment as a condition of membership transfer, despite Lord Glennie ruling at a Court of Session hearing on May 29 that they had acted outwith their powers in imposing the ban on the club.

An appellate tribunal was told to reconvene to discuss a different sanction from within the rule book. This is currently on hold, with Green having the option to ask for membership to be transferred in exchange for the tribunal meeting again.

The sanctions available to the panel are unlikely to be palatable to the club, as they include the potential suspension or expulsion of the club from the Scottish game, as well as a possible exclusion from the Scottish Cup.

Should Green refuse to meet the Scottish FA’s demands, he will be forced to apply for a completely new membership not tied to the former club.

However, as Sevco Scotland Limited does not meet the financial requirements set down to join the organisation, they would not be eligible and would not be able to play football in Scotland.

If Green accepts for the signing ban to be imposed, Rangers will take up a place as an associate member of the Scottish Football League and will play in the Third Division this season. Clubs must have membership of the national association to play in a league.

Conditions of transfer

The Scottish FA have made clear to Green that they will only transfer Rangers’ membership to his new company if he agrees to the imposition of the registration ban.

If he refuses, the governing body will either transfer the membership but allow their appellate tribunal to reconvene, leaving open the possibility of Rangers either being suspended from the game for an indefinite period or being thrown out of the game altogether.

Should Green decline those conditions, the Scottish FA will refuse to transfer the membership and, as Sevco Scotland Limited do not meet the necessary requirements, Rangers will not play professional football in Scotland at least for the next year.

The Scottish FA also want Green to agree to pay all outstanding football debt as another condition of the membership being transferred.

They also want the new company to take responsibility for any sanctions later imposed by the Scottish Premier League following its investigation into alleged non-contractual payments to players.

At a meeting on Monday, Green told Ibrox employees there would be a “staffing review” following the decision of the Scottish Football League to place the club in the Third Division for the 2012/13 season.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/111126-rangers-league-place-at-risk-as-scottish-fa-insist-signing-ban-must-stand/

from follow follow.

Get your fingers on the keyboards guys, it's time the politicians were brought into this. The SFA are not above the law , they cannot impose illegal sanctions. I will be emailing my MSP, my MP and all party leaders in Scotland tomorrow asking where they stand on this issue.

Get your fingers on the keyboards guys, it's time the politicians were brought into this. The SFA are not above the law , they cannot impose illegal sanctions. I will be emailing my MSP, my MP and all party leaders in Scotland tomorrow asking where they stand on this issue.

are the government not in on it too, imposing stupid and one sided laws on people singing songs, they are part of the problem, they have no interest in helping us, no one has. our song sheet was took away, now they want our titles and our club closed down.

Dont the scottish government sponsor the scotish cup? A few Corrupt SFA sponsored by the SNP would ruffle a few feathers!

It's William Hill who sponsor the Scottish Cup now is it not?

Anyway, it's interesting to note another irony regarding our situation, the Scottish government and sponsorship: Salmond was interviewed about our situation on Friday after the SFL vote and was wearing a Scottish Open golf tournament fleece jacket with the sponsors name on it. The Sponsor was Aberdeen Asset Management, who (if I'm not mistaken) were involved in a similar type of EBT case with HMRC as us...

Guest Dutchy

I don't think the whole world do know what's happening in Scottish football. It's time they did, and we need to get clarification from FIFA about whats been done to us.