Brown claims Ferguson backing

John Brown has claimed he has the support of former Rangers captain Barry Ferguson in his bid to help supporters gain control of the Ibrox club.

Brown, who coached Ferguson in the midfielderâ??s early days at Ibrox, has been talking to the Blackpool player in recent days about his ongoing plans to front a consortium to buy out Sevco Scotland.

Brown, a key member of Rangersâ?? nine-in-a-row team in the 1990s, said: â??I have spoken to Barry and he has promised me that he is 100% behind me.

â??He is out of the country just now on a pre-season training trip, but there is no doubting his commitment and his enthusiasm for my deal.

â??Because of his pre-season training and playing commitments it will be a couple of weeks or so before we will be able to sit down together and hammer out the details.

â??But I can assure everyone how excited Barry is to be given this opportunity to do something for the club he loves.â?

Brown, who gave up his job as an Ibrox scout to lead takeover attempts after Charles Greenâ??s company bought Rangersâ?? assets for £5.5million, is putting in £40,000 of his own money to kick off the fansâ?? fund.

He said: â??It is only right that as I have been out in the front of this, I should put my own money in too. Iâ??m not a wealthy guy and £40,000 represents a huge commitment for me.

â??But if it helps Rangers supporters to see how serious this fansâ?? buy out plan that I have is, then it will be money well spent.

â??Getting Barry on board at this early stage is a huge boost for our plans and I believe that he is just the first of many other well known names from Rangersâ?? past who will be happy to back this commitment to the clubâ??s future.

â??I will be speaking to other famous names from Rangers past in the next day or two and asking for their commitment and Iâ??m confident that now they know Barry Ferguson is on board, they will all want to join the Rangers for Change movement.

â??One of the reasons why Barry was so keen to give me his 100% commitment is that he came right through the ranks at Ibrox to go on to become captain and he is upset at seeing the same dreams he had and which so many of the youngsters at Ibrox have also had, being destroyed by what has happened to the club.â?

Brownâ??s next move will be to set up a bank account which supporters can put their cash into to help the takeover plans.

He added: â??I have meetings with bankers and lawyers arranged for the next two days and believe that by the end of the week I will be able to release further details of how Rangers For Change will work.â?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/brown-claims-ferguson-backing-for-rangers-takeover-559561.html

I maintain getting 250 guys to back this to the tune of 40k should be possible.

it will need the backing of big names like Ferguson and Walter laudrup saf etc.

some of the rangers supporting golfers or snooker players etc.

agents, business men.

but I think bomber needs a clearer plan and a good prospectus.

shame on our multi millionaire fans who are ignoring the clubs pleas for help at this desperate time. never mind the 40k's ect from former players, we have fans sitting in the stands every second week worth millions, tens of millions, where the hell are they?

I don't know how Brown will run the club with these people we do not know of.

I wouldn't be surprised if McColl & Smith show up again once the club is running on solid ground again though. Those two would mean stability and fan support like no other of the bidders and buyers would.

shame on our multi millionaire fans who are ignoring the clubs pleas for help at this desperate time. never mind the 40k's ect from former players, we have fans sitting in the stands every second week worth millions, tens of millions, where the hell are they?

Isn't Ferguson one of our multi-millionaire fans?

He could invest some of the £2.5m tax free he got out of the EBT.

He probably used that to buy the Popinjay Hotel. :whistle:

hamilton fan as a boy, i am sure he could mate! :)

anyway he is a former player, i was talking about our multi millionaire buinessmen supporters who sit in the stands mascarading as fans, where are they?

I can just hear the conversation:

JB: Hey Bazza....how's things???

BF: Aye...no bad Bomber. What this ah hear 'bout you buyin' the Gers???

JB: Dinnae trust the Green bloke....anything green ah dinnae like. So a'hm taking over. What ya think??

BF: Aye goan yer sel big man!!!

Roughly translated....Barry Ferguson backs my plan to buy Rangers!!!

Guest Dutchy

You've got to laud Brown for going to all this trouble and I'm sure he'll continue if until he see's the paperwork he's looking for.

I reckon more folk would be behind him if he had some proof or evidence for most of his claims, and a decent plan would help. Unfortunately, at the moment all I see is a haphazd and confused bid going into an already haphazd and confused situation.

I've no idea how this will pan out, but I'll be waiting with interest how all the diffirent factions react in the coming days and what Brown actually has to offer.

At the moment, it does all seem a bit unnecessary, but I'm getting hardened to this type of news. Will it ever end and we can just get on with rebuilding. I don't know the answer to that either.