SFL invite TV bids for live matches

If tickets are £12 and season tickets £200, Ibrox "should" really be packed and so TV shouldn't matter.

Still of the opinion that our home games (at least) should be Saturday at 3pm.

The SFL should be supporting us against the SFA if they want to use us to generate cash .The least they should do is get the membership issued with no sanctions

Agreed and I'm sure we will see something along that line,we are a big carrot for the SFL and they will want to fight for that reason alone,money talks

I'm not sure how badly the SPL will do without us in the long run as they only need to compete against each other and so they just need to cut their cloth accordingly. It's only about 10% of their income and wages will come down to match. The repercussions will be that the best Scottish talent will go elsewhere but that happens already.

The big problem is probably the current contracts which have to be serviced until they run their course. That is where they could hit cash flow problems and go into administration as that's what they have budgeted for. The only way to avoid this if their income drops is to lay of players and other staff who are not on long contracts and to stop "non-essential" operations like their youth academies - although that could be counter-productive in the long run. If they can sell a player, they will and their may be bargains to be had for Celtic and lower English teams.

You would hope that the chairmen of all the clubs would also take a pay cut. Fans, who demanded the situation should be happy to pay an increase in ticket price but I really, really doubt that - they have shown repeatedly that they don't know the meaning of integrity.

I can see stadium maintenance put off for a few years and pitch maintenance reduced.

Celtic will be hit less and their fans will come out in droves for the first year. However, they'll probably have to lose a fair few squad players and bring it down to a size more like we had last year. Or they could sell just one or two top players to tide them over for a couple of years. They'll hardly need them to win the league and they'll probably be out of Europe by the January transfer window.

I think most of them will survive but the league will be a bit grim, gloomy and not very attractive. The juxtaposition when we return will be stark but they will still welcome us through gritted teeth. I hope then, that we fulfil our promise to fill our ground and forget about away days. They'll already be getting a bigger share of the TV money.

Instead of people boasting about never missing an away game, the emphasis should be number of away games not gone to. What we'll need instead is some glamorous friendlies to let people put more money into our club instead of others.

Guest calgary_bluenose

Be good for overseas bears if a TV deal can be struck as it would increase the chances of us seeing them via RangersTV or whatever. Personally I would prefer it just to be the away games which should be sold out anyway, and not home games where we need the revenue. I guess it depends if TV revenue would compensate for the loss of fans paying through the turnstiles.

It would also be good if they could bring back the Sunday evening kick offs now that the scum can't fuck it up for us again, rather than me having to be up at 4 or 5 in the morning. :D

Guest Dutchy
Remember the words if the sfl when some of their members called for vote of no confidence where Regan is concerned. Now is not the time. I think that time is just round the corner! The is no way the sfl will allow Regan to snatch this cash cow from their grasp. And for good measure we should broker a deal that sees the tv money distributed amongst the three divisions to keep everyone in the sfl on board.

I don't know if that's necessary. Each team will get their 'helping of cash' as we move through the leagues. The unlucky ones being the ones going down, just as we move into their old league.

There'll be plenty cash around just by having Rangers in you div, so TV money should give that div, and the whole of the league more reason to be successful. Tough shit if you're bottom.

Well,it can be argued that we will sell out Ibrox,nearly!,after all that has happened to our club,every fan knows we need the cash to grow again, it is the only way and quickest way for us to return to the SPL

Be good for overseas bears if a TV deal can be struck as it would increase the chances of us seeing them via RangersTV or whatever. Personally I would prefer it just to be the away games which should be sold out anyway, and not home games where we need the revenue. I guess it depends if TV revenue would compensate for the loss of fans paying through the turnstiles.

It would also be good if they could bring back the Sunday evening kick offs now that the scum can't fuck it up for us again, rather than me having to be up at 4 or 5 in the morning. :D

Live home games are never shown legally in Scotland so they never affect the home crowd.