BHEASTS and Motherwell learn Champions League opponents

How funny would it be if Celtic don't even qualify for the group stages?
Not in the least funny. We cant play in europe so we need ALL Scottish teams to claw back some co-efficient points so in the future Scottish teams can qualify for the Champions League. If it's more important to you that all Scottish teams fail, then that is very sad. I suppose you want all the SPL to go out of business too?

I 'used to' hope ALL Scottish teams done well in Europe (well apart from the BHEASTS) now I couldn't give a monkey's about any of them, in fact I'm now hoping they get humped out sooner rather than later.

If we enter Q2 of the Europa League in 4 years time I'll be delighted with that.

Guest Dutchy

I too, as someone that always supported Scottish teams in European games, don't give a shit how far they get.

When we come back, we'll have to beat however we're drawn against and bring the coeffiecient all by ourselves.

Maybe then the importance of Rangers FC to Scottsh football will be appreciated, but I doubt that very much.

I 'used to' hope ALL Scottish teams done well in Europe (well apart from the BHEASTS) now I couldn't give a monkey's about any of them, in fact I'm now hoping they get humped out sooner rather than later.

If we enter Q2 of the Europa League in 4 years time I'll be delighted with that.

It will be five years at least unless we win the Scottish Cup in the third season.

2012/13 - SFL3

2013/14 - SFL2

2014/15 - SFL1

Ban ends

2015/16 - SPL (need to qualify)

2016/17 - Europe again?

Unless there is a reorganisation in which case it could be a season earlier.

I too, as someone that always supported Scottish teams in European games, don't give a shit how far they get.

When we come back, we'll have to beat however we're drawn against and bring the coeffiecient all by ourselves.

Maybe then the importance of Rangers FC to Scottsh football will be appreciated, but I doubt that very much.

I'd be delighted if we could do that but when you look at for example, Ajax 4 Celtic 0 and consider we'd get a top draw in almost every opening qualifying tie then we would need massive investment to have even a sniff. We need all the help we can get. If we are never to play in europe again then we might just as well be truly liquidated.

Guest Dutchy

It's true Alex that we may not beat the top teams, initially, but we would be so low by the time we returned, the biggest trouble we'd have is the the pronouncation of our opponents.

Being able to beat them and the countries that would be just above us, i.e., the Scandinavians and Slavs, is then the time to be looking for results against the more recognized giants of European football. Getting back to the group stages regulary would be the target from such a low starting point.

• 3 weeks later...