Rangers Supporters Trust Board Statement RE Trophies being stipped

RST Board Statement

Friday, 20 July 2012 13:06

The RST is angered at the suggestion Rangers should be stripped of nine trophies won since 2000. This is a ludicrous suggestion from discredited individuals in two governing bodies whose behaviour has brought Scottish football to the brink of collapse due to their lack of competence.

Not content with Rangersâ?? relegation to the third division and the loss of the vast majority of our first team pool, these vindictive and sinister individuals wish to hamstring the club further by imposing an effective ban on new signings.

The pomposity of suggesting that a kangaroo court impose penalties for alleged breaches of the operation of EBTs whilst three judges continue to consider the case in a tax tribunal is staggering.

The recently leaked wish-list of sanctions strains the credulity of any sentient human being that such juvenile mind-games are being played at this time of crisis for the whole Scottish game.

The RST urges the Board of Rangers Football Club to remain resolute and refuse to consider such ludicrous and vindictive sanctions. The club and fans have suffered enough and do not deserve and will not accept additional punishments for the crimes or omissions of others imposed by bodies whose own credibility is in tatters.

Our manager has been inspirational in leading the club over the last five months and we urge all to follow his example in refusing to consider sanctions which impinge on sporting endeavour and fairness.

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co...oard-statement

Superb. Makes me feel better reading that. Hopefully some sympathetic journos (although there aren't many of them I know) and some other club chairmen will back us on this one.

Edited by Blue Moon

Superb. Makes me feel better reading that. Hopefully some sympathetic journos (although there aren't many of the I know) and some other club chairmen will back us on this one.

Nobody will back us, every man and hid dog will want us stripped of trophies. Just like they all wanted us kicked out the SPL

Nobody will back us, every man and hid dog will want us stripped of trophies. Just like they all wanted us kicked out the SPL

You may be right. I think the SFL vote to put us to division 3 was more an SPL and Regan/Doncaster backlash and a touch of self interest. Even at that, 5 clubs voted to put us in SFL1. I do not think they would take kindly to further interference from Doncaster or Regan and I think if push came to shove they would back us. These guys jackets are on a very shaky nail.

You may be right. I think the SFL vote to put us to division 3 was more an SPL and Regan/Doncaster backlash and a touch of self interest. Even at that, 5 clubs voted to put us in SFL1. I do not think they would take kindly to further interference from Doncaster or Regan and I think if push came to shove they would back us. These guys jackets are on a very shaky nail.

It would certainly help if other clubs where to come out and back us. Maybe some will see it as an opportunity to put further pressure on the two twats at the top to resign.

I wont hold my breath though or expect anybody to back us.

Guest Dutchy

I'm not too sure that we'd have no support. I was reading the Sunday Post yesterday and Livingston's David Stoker has called for a stop to the punishments on us as we've suffered enough by going to the 3rd. Also, there's another article in which Annan's Chairman Henry McClelland has made a plea to "end the 'circus' that the game has become, on the coatails of Cowdenbeath's secretary Alex Anderson's statement beginning with, "We are totally disgusted by the way the whole situation has been handled by the SPL and the SFA, it's a sad day for Scottish football.

I'd say there was some support there, we just need to mobilise more of them to what the SFA areactually trying to do to us.

The SFL seem to be satisfied that with demotion to div three that natural justice has been done - especially with all the other "punishments" we've had.

There are a lot of people in the SPL and SFA who don't seem to understand natural justice and think that administration, 10 point deduction, newco, losing most players, three year ban from Europe and demotion to third division are not actually, "punishments" as they have not been specifically handed out for whatever crimes they think we have done.

It's a bit like when there is a sign saying, "Don't touch, very hot" and when someone burns themselves, instead of saying "you deserved that", you first give them a kicking in their burnt bits as punishment for disobeying the sign - never mind that you could possibly kill them.