Dumbarton v Albion Rovers

Forfar Athletic v Partick Thistle

Falkirk v Elgin City

The Rangers v East Fife

Hamilton Academical v Annan Athletic

East Stirlingshire v Morton

Arbroath v Stirling Albion

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/sclc-first-round-draw-40/

Interesting to note they are no longer referring to us by our official club name

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

EAST FIFE Chairman Sid Collumbine admitted he was 'elated' after the men from Methil were drawn to face Rangers in the first round of this season's Scottish Communities League Cup.

Collumbine joined club officials, SFL representatives and Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond at Ochilview Park for this afternoon's draw with the Light Blues one of 15 unseeded teams.

Gordon Durie is the current boss of the Fifers while his son, Scott, plays at right-back having previously featured for Rangers' under-19s.

It will undoubtedly be a proud day for both on August 4 but Collumbine insists that playing Rangers will be a special moment for everyone associated with the Second Division club.

He said: "I'm elated, I talked to our manager before I came here today and my instructions were to deliver Rangers at Ibrox.

"I've delivered that and I'm delighted and really looking forward to it.

"An ex-Rangers player of well-known repute (Gordon Durie) will be looking forward to it and our right back is Gordon's son Scott who'll be going back to Ibrox and I'm sure he'll be looking forward to that.

"It's a big day for our club and it will help towards our community involvement.

"We've just this year taken on full time youth players at East Fife and it will help to finance that.

"But regardless of everything going on in football to get the big two in Glasgow is always an enormous thing to look forward to.

"It'll be a proud day and for some of the young players we have coming through it'll be a dream come true for them."

East Fife's pre-season preparations are already well under way and Collumbine expects the players to have a spring in their step in training as the big game against Rangers gets closer.

He added: "We played Dunfermline last night and won 3-1 so I thought they played very well.

"It's a matter of trying to get as many games and practise as possible in before the season starts.

"It's part-time football, you are talking about three hours a week training, but (playing Rangers) now they will all be wanting to get in the team and they'll be no niggling injuries."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2855394