Rangers Squads 09/2011 vs 07/2012

he's not long turned 34.

There it is! I knew he was a veteren.

The big man deserves a song of his own this season.....Who's the python, who's the python, who's the python in the pants....

Guest Dutchy

I thought he had turned 35, but even at 34 he should give us enough to help get out of the lower divisions. As long as he keeps injury free, which might be difficult in the hurly burly of lower league football.

Not to mention the state of some of the pitches. I'm hoping the artificial pitches are state of the art, but we are tolking about the 3rd div here, so injury could be a problem in the years ahead.

RANGERS star Lee McCulloch has been targeted by cash-rich clubs in the UAE.

MailSport can reveal the 34-year-old would be in line to land a two-year contract worth around a net figure of £750,000 per season.

But it’s understood McCulloch hasn’t encouraged early overtures from agents acting on behalf of clubs in the Emirates as he is intent on staying at Ibrox.

McCulloch has already snubbed potential transfers to America and Australia out of loyalty to Gers.

He has one year to go on his Ibrox deal and wants to see it out to help his team climb out of the Third Division

A STRONG Rangers side defeated Albion Rovers 5-1 in a closed door friendly at Murray Park yesterday thanks to goals from Barrie McKay (2), Lee McCulloch, who netted a penalty, Alejandra Bedoya and a last-minute Maurice Edu strike. Trialist Kieran Brannan replied with a penalty for Rovers.

Albion manager Todd Lumsden had expected to be facing a Rangers under-20 side. “I did get a bit of a surprise when I saw their line-up as Neil Alexander, Carlos Bocanegra, Kirk Broadfoot and Dorin Goian all started as well as the guys that scored,” he said.

Source: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/football-briefs-rangers-hit-albion-for-five-in-friendly-1-2426198