Might be unpopular, but...

I am against the club asking for the dual contracts investigation to be dropped. If we are in the clear, what's to lose?

But if, as seems pretty obvious from our move, we were operating outside the rules, it's hard to argue that some form of punishment (yes, more!) is in order.

I thought that Murray could not have been so dumb as to do this, but the weight of guesswork seems to be shifting to the other view, that yes, he could have been so dumb. But I don't have any concrete belief one way or the other and I don't have any proof...I just think it we were doing something outside the rules we ought to take our medicine. Of course, with the SFA/SPL lot, that medicine could kill us...but trying to wriggle out of it through negotiation doesn't sit right with me.

Loathe as I am to offer haters more ammo, this doesn't seem like the right way to put this behind us and move on.

First you told me you Voted SSP in the last election, now this.. man I could argue you were really a celtic fan in disguise :-P

I think we had enough drama without having to worry about this sh!t

To use a parallel - if you had a dispute about the height of your hedge with your neighbours, would you be happy about them getting together to decide if it was too high and deciding your punishment?

No?

Neither would I, but this is exactly what's been happening to us. The SPL - in our absence - is nothing but a corrupt self-interested organisation consisting of our business competitors. Petrie has recently stated that his previous role within the SPL was to look after the interests of Hibs. He's now Nr 3 at the SFA.

Are we to believe he has seen the light and he has now become a dedicated SFA man who puts the good of Scottish football before his Club's interests?

Edited by bluebear54

I am against the club asking for the dual contracts investigation to be dropped. If we are in the clear, what's to lose?

But if, as seems pretty obvious from our move, we were operating outside the rules, it's hard to argue that some form of punishment (yes, more!) is in order.

I thought that Murray could not have been so dumb as to do this, but the weight of guesswork seems to be shifting to the other view, that yes, he could have been so dumb. But I don't have any concrete belief one way or the other and I don't have any proof...I just think it we were doing something outside the rules we ought to take our medicine. Of course, with the SFA/SPL lot, that medicine could kill us...but trying to wriggle out of it through negotiation doesn't sit right with me.

Loathe as I am to offer haters more ammo, this doesn't seem like the right way to put this behind us and move on.

We are entitled to due process, we are entitled to put forward a case for our defence, we have been afforded neither.

You be a f*&king surrender monkey if you want, our titles and cups were won on the field of play not in some accountants ledger.

Sore as it is, my reaction to this news was exactly the same.

I have mixed feelings about this. There is a time to fight and that is when you are in the right. Until we see the evidence we cannot say whether this is unfair or not. What has really upset me is the illegal transfer ban. I honestly believe that is what we should be objecting to in the first instance. The SFA has used a delaying tactic to ensure these negotiations are taking place perilously close to the start of the season, which is likely to force Rangers to capitulate. I don't believe they should. They should allow it to go back to the appellate committee. The previous cttee said expulsion or suspension were too severe ( I would like to think so, we haven't murdered anyone). The implications of Rangers not playing anywhere this season are unimaginable for Scottish football. If we cowtow to them over this, the SPL will hammer us regardless of the evidence. Remember they were also demanding 75% of our income for 3 years.

I have mixed feelings about this. There is a time to fight and that is when you are in the right. Until we see the evidence we cannot say whether this is unfair or not. What has really upset me is the illegal transfer ban. I honestly believe that is what we should be objecting to in the first instance. The SFA has used a delaying tactic to ensure these negotiations are taking place perilously close to the start of the season, which is likely to force Rangers to capitulate. I don't believe they should. They should allow it to go back to the appellate committee. The previous cttee said expulsion or suspension were too severe ( I would like to think so, we haven't murdered anyone). The implications of Rangers not playing anywhere this season are unimaginable for Scottish football. If we cowtow to them over this, the SPL will hammer us regardless of the evidence. Remember they were also demanding 75% of our income for 3 years.

Perhaps, someone more savvy can enlighten us?

Are the SFA not in contempt of Court?

Should our future income be prejudiced by that contempt, do we not have a cast iron case to sue?

We should never give an inch on this, if they take the 5 mentioned titles from us they WILL be handed straight to Celtic, add that to last seasons title and the next 3 that Celtic are 100% certain to win, that will be 9 titles the Beasts have been handed. Its a fucking disgrace. We must fight this tooth and nail.

Also and maybe even more important is what Forlansister said, basically we are being headfucked by the SPL, and Liewell is the puppeteer.

Where and what is the evidence they have to take our titles ?

To use a parallel - if you had a dispute about the height of your hedge with your neighbours, would you be happy about them getting together to decide if it was too high and deciding your punishment?

That is in no way a valid parallel.

If you grew your hedge so high that it broke local bylaws then you would have no say in how much of it had to come off - that's a wee bit closer to the situation.

We should never give an inch on this, if they take the 5 mentioned titles from us they WILL be handed straight to Celtic, add that to last seasons title and the next 3 that Celtic are 100% certain to win, that will be 9 titles the Beasts have been handed. Its a fucking disgrace.

....and all in the guise of 'sporting integrity'