Brechin to be Awarded Cup Tie?

I want to stress that this is just speculation on my part and I haven't been able to check the rules as they are not on the SFL web site, so far as I can see; but on the web site the game appears as:

Sunday 29th July 2012 15:05 Brechin City v (blank space) Glebe Park.

In addition, Rangers or The Rangers are not listed as one of the teams taking part in the competition, which makes sense as we don't have a licence to play.

Now, I haven't looked at this before so I don't know if Rangers were EVER listed to play this match but if they were and have now been removed then there is an obvious implication.

It would be completely wrong to assume that if Rangers are not granted a licence by the SFA, the game will simply be postponed, it is much more likely that if we cannot play the game on the arranged date, that we would simply forfeit the tie.

In these circumstances there might also be an argument about money paid for tickets. Brechin could claim legitimately that they have had all the expenses and if we fail to get a licence that is not their fault so they could argue that money paid (at least by Rangers fans) is also forfeit. However, they would have a problem with that because the tickets are not segregated for home or away fans, although they ARE numbered so they would know which ones were sold by Rangers; but one assumes that Rangers would not hand over money, because fans (me included) would want their money back. In addition, as far as the 1500 tickets sold locally are concerned they wouldn't be able to identify who to refund so they wouldn't have much choice other than to refund everyone. There is nothing printed on the tickets about what happens if the game isn't played.

That said, I think Brechin would have a claim to get some kind of recompense.

Rumour on FF

Educate, Agitate, Struggle

Default Brechin postponed?

Will be announced tomorrow . It's 100%

I want to stress that this is just speculation on my part and I haven't been able to check the rules as they are not on the SFL web site, so far as I can see; but on the web site the game appears as:

Sunday 29th July 2012 15:05 Brechin City v (blank space) Glebe Park.

In addition, Rangers or The Rangers are not listed as one of the teams taking part in the competition, which makes sense as we don't have a licence to play.

Now, I haven't looked at this before so I don't know if Rangers were EVER listed to play this match but if they were and have now been removed then there is an obvious implication.

It would be completely wrong to assume that if Rangers are not granted a licence by the SFA, the game will simply be postponed, it is much more likely that if we cannot play the game on the arranged date, that we would simply forfeit the tie.

In these circumstances there might also be an argument about money paid for tickets. Brechin could claim legitimately that they have had all the expenses and if we fail to get a licence that is not their fault so they could argue that money paid (at least by Rangers fans) is also forfeit. However, they would have a problem with that because the tickets are not segregated for home or away fans, although they ARE numbered so they would know which ones were sold by Rangers; but one assumes that Rangers would not hand over money, because fans (me included) would want their money back. In addition, as far as the 1500 tickets sold locally are concerned they wouldn't be able to identify who to refund so they wouldn't have much choice other than to refund everyone. There is nothing printed on the tickets about what happens if the game isn't played.

That said, I think Brechin would have a claim to get some kind of recompense.

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

Loads asking about Rangers' removal from SFL fixtures. Dundee appeared on SPL today. Appears to be DataCo issue. Asked lges for confirmation

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

45m Internet Bampot ‏@gburnsglasgow

@STVGrant wanna try that me in English grant. Lost me at the dataco and iges bit

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

44m Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

@gburnsglasgow Looks like a data error. We've asked for confirmation.

Hide conversation

Reply Retweet Favorite

We are listed for the League Cup.

Interesting contrast, with the game moved to Tuesday the 7th of August at Bayview I see (why did I think we were at home?).

Perhaps the SFL KNOW that we will not now get a licence in time for Sunday but are confident we will have one for the week after or at least don't want to rule that out at this stage.