To play 3-5-2 you really need energetic pacy wide men.

No offence to the big man, but I think we'd need to have someone a wee bit quicker than Goian in the middle of a back 3 as well to be honest. It could work against any teams we play who lack pace themselves though.....

3-5-2? FFS it's deployed successfully by about 3 sides in the whole planet. Now is the time to have NEW ideas, not harking back to a dead formation. Even 4-4-2 is pretty much dead, 3-5-2 is beyond dead bar the odd exception like Napoli who have the discipline and technique to pull it off. There is a reason there is no decent team in the UK that uses it.

We should be following the Barcelona model and forcing every level from boys to senior playing 4-3-3 with complete and utter focus on short passing and skill.

Playing 3-5-2 is something I've often seen suggested on Rangers forums, way back 10 years + ago on FF. Generally it's suggested by old timers that last knew what they were talking about 30 years ago. The game has changed and at the high level it is now all about 4-3-3

Hutton, Edu, Bedoya & Black wouldn't be a bad midfield in any league in Scotland; though Black will need to screw the nut; teams will be out to wind him up and that's not difficult.

So how about:

:na:

:kb::dg::cb::lw:

:kh::me::ab:Black

:al::lm:

3-5-2? FFS it's deployed successfully by about 3 sides in the whole planet. Now is the time to have NEW ideas, not harking back to a dead formation. Even 4-4-2 is pretty much dead, 3-5-2 is beyond dead bar the odd exception like Napoli who have the discipline and technique to pull it off. There is a reason there is no decent team in the UK that uses it.

We should be following the Barcelona model and forcing every level from boys to senior playing 4-3-3 with complete and utter focus on short passing and skill.

Playing 3-5-2 is something I've often seen suggested on Rangers forums, way back 10 years + ago on FF. Generally it's suggested by old timers that last knew what they were talking about 30 years ago. The game has changed and at the high level it is now all about 4-3-3

You talk about 4-3-3 like it's something new.

Us old timers can remember when Alf Ramsey invented 4-3-3 in the '66 World Cup!

So I take it that the SFA aren't actually allowing us to register new players yet?

May not have had time to register them after the agreement was struck.

I'm guessing that the first priority was to sign them, then worry about registration later and it may need to wait till it is fully confirmed next week.

May not have had time to register them after the agreement was struck.

I'm guessing that the first priority was to sign them, then worry about registration later and it may need to wait till it is fully confirmed next week.

I believe that is correct.