A big thankyou to Mr Green and Co

I posted this in the Green interview thread:

Whether you like Green or not he is here for now.

The way I see it,on face value,is he has secured a license for Rangers to play football,he had to make a decision for Rangers and Rangers staff by keeping us in Scottish football and accepting the transfer ban is a compromise to that effect. If Green had not compromised we may not have been in a position to fight the stripping of titles,which he & Ally have said they will fight. As for the TV rights I'm not sure he could have done anything about that.

I'm still very wary of the CG consortium,I'll remain wary of any new owners for the rest of my life after all this!,but I for one believe we Rangers fans should get behind CG & Ally and start our rebuilding. CG & his consortium will sell when they think it's the right time and have made their money,now if they leave the club on a sound footing and make a profit then that is fair enough.

Tin hat on but it's only my opinion.

Guest Dutchy

It's time to get behind the team and the management as well. As I've said on another thread, we'll probably never know the members of the 23% Blue Pitch holding and I don't thin it matters at all who they are, unless they start asking for idiotic fees, or something stupid.

It's time to let Green get on with the running of the club and support what he has to do.

There'll always be unpopular decisions made, especially from someone that could be regarded as an 'outsider', but I doubt there will be any long term splits with the fans because of interweb screaming.

I suppose you're all right, but we can hardly be blamed for extreme caution! Not everyone who is wary of Charles et al is a blind follower of Kennedy or whoever; and not backing him to the hilt does not equal wanting him out. I'm just nervous of firing off an email then discovering he's in the same mould as Whyte.

This I doubt, I think he's very impressive. But I've been burned too much in the last year to unquestioningly support anyone. Reckon that's the broad position of us all tbh.

Guest Dutchy

I don't think Green can be compared to Whyte.

He actually is a football man, as he used to play the game, albeit at a lower level, but he did play. Also, many Sheffield fans may not have liked all that he done there, but he didn't run them into the ground and run away, not from some of the things I've read. On here and elsewhere.

It's always wise to be careful, but he's what we've got at the moment and although I won't invest in a season ticket, I expect to go to a couple of matches this season, espeacially if they're £15-20 entry.