Ramsden Cup Live

we moaned for months to get back to the football, and already after a match that cant even be described as a really busy friendly some of you are calling for allys head and moaning about the football. jeeses man, it will get slighly better id imagine.... or hope

I'd say it's pretty good to have such arguments again.

I get that people back Ally as the ex player and Rangers man but as a manager he has done nothing and never showed that he is going to be a good manager.

We will get better and win prob just about every game, but we should we have international players playing in Div 3.

We have accepted rubish football for that long most of our fans cant even remember what good football looks like.

I get that people back Ally as the ex player and Rangers man but as a manager he has done nothing and never showed that he is going to be a good manager.

We will get better and win prob just about every game, but we should we have international players playing in Div 3.

We have accepted rubish football for that long most of our fans cant even remember what good football looks like.

If Ally is getting promotion every season his future will not be considered for a while.

Guest Bluenose80
One thing that worried me today was how poor the young guys were that started, yes they have not played alot of football but i was expexting to see alot more from them tbh.

Harsh as for some it was their first appearance for the first team and they have had no real pre season to speak of, they have to be given time to settle in. Criticism at this stage will only damage their confidence they need our support for now only when they have had a series of games under their belts can we begin to judge them fairly. I would be more concerned with the performances of some of the experience players today Goian/Alexander were very poor at Brechins goal and Broadfoot still looked a bombscare even at this level

If Ally is getting promotion every season his future will not be considered for a while.

I know thats the bit that worries me. My only problem i have with Green is he did not have the balls to get a new manager, people forget Ally was appointed before even CW took over and imo has been a shambles as a manager.

Harsh as for some it was their first appearance for the first team and they have had no real pre season to speak of, they have to be given time to settle in. Criticism at this stage will only damage their confidence they need our support for now only when they have had a series of games under their belts can we begin to judge them fairly. I would be more concerned with the performances of some of the experience players today Goian/Alexander were very poor at Brechins goal and Broadfoot still looked a bombscare even at this level

Goian looked like a player that did not want to be there, i expect he will leave next week.

Broadfoot is a funny player, he played well at times and at other times looks like a pub player. His final ball into the box is shocking too.

Guest Bluenose80

What international players want to play in Div3? Young players and average but solid experienced pros is all we can expect the next few seasons. I agree Ally did not have a great first season on the pitch but he has stood by the club in its darkest hour and deserves the opportunity to put things right. The next few seasons will be a learning curve for Ally and his young players but at this level they can afford to make mistakes and learn from them without it being to costly.

What international players want to play in Div3? Young players and average but solid experienced pros is all we can expect the next few seasons. I agree Ally did not have a great first season on the pitch but he has stood by the club in its darkest hour and deserves the opportunity to put things right. The next few seasons will be a learning curve for Ally and his young players but at this level they can afford to make mistakes and learn from them without it being to costly.

Wish people would stop this he stood by the club, he is earning s reported £1m per year, thats a huge reason why he is here imo.

Look i accept we are stuck with Ally as a manager, i just think today proved we will waste / miss out on a huge oppertunity.

I am more concerend that we refresh our coaches and scouting squads.

I know thats the bit that worries me. My only problem i have with Green is he did not have the balls to get a new manager, people forget Ally was appointed before even CW took over and imo has been a shambles as a manager.

Come on now CG, you really think Green was going to be looking for a new manager when up to Friday night we couldn't even be sure of playing football?

Ally has been a rock throughout this dreadful process, he's stood up for us and more than anyone flies in the face of the idea that this is a 'new club'. Someone of his stature is key to keeping the fans as united as possible, helping the new board get goodwill from the fans, making players stay and persuading people to sign, apart from the Timmy propaganda he is very well respected and no doubt will have played a big part in getting the likes of Ian Black to come and Andy Little to return.

Ability wise he's got enough coaching experience to manage us through these levels with these resources, getting promotions is the key right now. I had plenty of doubts myself about his ability to be a title winning manager and compete in Europe but for now the aims have changed, if down the line where we're looking to win the SPL again and a hard decision needs to be made then i'd accept it, but currently I wouldn't want anyone other than Ally in the job.