It does no such thing. It reminds the victims that their dreadful plight has not been forgotten, despite the best efforts of misguided handwringers (like you, seemingly) who would happily forget the fact that these appalling incidents were allowed to take place.

No excuse whatever and it is to your shame that you see fit to raise this in mitigation for Stein's crimes. This is a man who went to victims' families doors pleading with them not to go to the police in order "to protect the good name of Celtic". The 60s was a time of free love but it didn't extend to children, except at Celtic. Stein knew exactly what had happened and exactly how serious it was.

That simply makes no sense. By reminding the world that Stein knew all about Torbett's crimes, we protect the guilty? Eh? By highlighting it on the only platform we possess (an OF match setting) we bring pressure to bear on those who could and should still act now to ensure the guilty face justice.

Not in front of the children, eh? What is this, the 60s all over again? I contend that if even one Celtic-supporting child hears this chant and extracts the truth from his father about the dangers of trusting adult authority figures, that is surely a positive step.

The only moral justification I see here is you saying Jock Stein was innocent. No he wasn't. He didn't commit the crimes but he did all in his power to cover them up. And we should continue to let the world know, lest we forget.

I'm right and you're wrong so there, eh? That's a strong argument!

Debate what you like, when you like but hear me; the chant of Big Jock Knew will never go away until the truth is revealed fully on the world stage.

You won't get a debate from me; you're using the suffering of abuse victims to try to get at celtc, hiding it with pretendy concern for the children. Not one of your points is worth a minute of my time. /chat

You won't get a debate from me; you're using the suffering of abuse victims to try to get at celtc, hiding it with pretendy concern for the children. Not one of your points is worth a minute of my time. /chat

All I'm doing is extracting a weapon from my armoury and taking aim, as I've already explained.

As it happens, I've researched this subject extensively and spoken to many people who were touched by this appalling scandal. I could relate several personal accounts of the severe physical and emotional turmoil suffered by the victims of Celtic's paedpohile scandal but you wouldn't be interested. But you better believe this is an issue to which I will return for many years, irrespective of the opinions of you and your ilk.

No offence but I will be swayed not one jot by you and your faux liberal conscience in my quest to reveal and publicise the truth.

All I'm doing is extracting a weapon from my armoury and taking aim, as I've already explained.

As it happens, I've researched this subject extensively and spoken to many people who were touched by this appalling scandal. I could relate several personal accounts of the severe physical and emotional turmoil suffered by the victims of Celtic's paedpohile scandal but you wouldn't be interested. But you better believe this is an issue to which I will return for many years, irrespective of the opinions of you and your ilk.

No offence but I will be swayed not one jot by you and your faux liberal conscience in my quest to reveal and publicise the truth.

I do not accept the term "faux liberal conscience". If you want to call it "liberal conscience" then that is fair enough. In my case it is not based on conscience alone but on experience of working directly with abused children. I doubt if those who were abused would feel better for hearing chants of BJK.

I do not accept the term "faux liberal conscience". If you want to call it "liberal conscience" then that is fair enough. In my case it is not based on conscience alone but on experience of working directly with abused children. I doubt if those who were abused would feel better for hearing chants of BJK.

I respect that viewpoint and I respect the work you've done.

But as I've said, I have spoken directly to those affected by this scandal. I've listened to heart-wrenching tales of their suffering and I will not be silenced.

Celtic FC having the sheer effrontery to push for my club to be stripped of titles given their own appalling history is a sick joke and one which I will not watch unfold without comment.

If that upsets you, that's a real shame but just you try stopping me.

I respect that viewpoint and I respect the work you've done.

But as I've said, I have spoken directly to those affected by this scandal. I've listened to heart-wrenching tales of their suffering and I will not be silenced.

Celtic FC having the sheer effrontery to push for my club to be stripped of titles given their own appalling history is a sick joke and one which I will not watch unfold without comment.

If that upsets you, that's a real shame but just you try stopping me.

I respect where you are coming from but how many of those who are chanting BJK have the same knowledge or sympathy as you do? I fear they are using a tragic situation to antagonise the Celtic supporters and for no other reason. There must be a better way of doing this.

I respect where you are coming from but how many of those who are chanting BJK have the same knowledge or sympathy as you do? I fear they are using a tragic situation to antagonise the Celtic supporters and for no other reason. There must be a better way of doing this.

Truth? Probably none of them.

But, to use a boxing analogy, I will never castigate any Rangers fan for targetting an open cut above Celtic's eye.

I've said my piece on this issue for now but all I'd add is don't be too quick to castigate those of us who refuse to pass up an open goal.

PS When I say I respect the work you do, I mean it. It's a job I could never do.

If the shoe was on the other foot, do you think the tims would use it?

I think they would.

They would, the press would, TV would, their twisted church would.

If we want to win this war, or if we're even prepared to accept we're in a war, we have to be prepared to fight dirty.

I am. Are you?

The Catholic Church does have very big problems with it, but as you say it's not a religious thing.

Of course it's a religious thing,the church of Rome is rife with kiddie fiddlers,why do you think so many bum boys sign up for the priesthood?