I'm not sure why its perfectly clear he was part of the cover up.

He knew. That's why he fired Torbett and kicked him out the door, literally.

Unfortunately for Stein, his next action was to trawl round victims' families' houses begging them not to report Torbett's crimes to the police.

Guilty as sin.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to bring this back up because I read it on holiday on my telephone and couldn't answer. While I do not think the chant does us any favours, I do think that, for the victims there should be an inquiry into whether there was a cover up at Parkhead. Whether that should be done by the football authorities or Strathclyde Police or both is open to discussion. I believe the Police should be the ones to do it with the football authorities taking measures on the Police information. It is a known fact that during an abuse, victims defend the perpetrator normally through a mix of shame and fear brought about through threats. Once they have escaped from the abuse situation they mostly do want the people involved brought to justice. Unfortunately it will probably take a complaint from a victim to get the Police involved and they will be in fear of their lives from the greatest supporters in the world, if they dared open their mouths. Whether the Police would accept a complaint from someone not involved is very questionable but a letter to the chief constable of Strathclyde Police and indeed Mr Regan and Mr Doncaster would be far better than it being passed off for tit for tat singing.

I think we should not sing about Celtic at all. We have no reason to now and to ignore them would annoy them more. If they continued to sing about us it would show them up in a very bad light. I've always hated giving them the time of day unless we were playing them and see even less reason to do it now. We should be singing about our team.

I think we should not sing about Celtic at all. We have no reason to now and to ignore them would annoy them more. If they continued to sing about us it would show them up in a very bad light. I've always hated giving them the time of day unless we were playing them and see even less reason to do it now. We should be singing about our team.

Agreed. I don't like singing about the BHEASTS

Alan Brazil stated unequivocally in 2009 that Stein was not involved, but claimed that the Kelly family knew of the abuse and defended Torbett.

Mr Kelly was on a TV programme recently with Chris Graham stating that Rangers should have titles taken away from us. I would love him to be before a judge speaking under oath.

Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland); 11/13/1998

HUGH Birt's 25-year crusade has been to unmask perverts like Jim Torbett.

Today, 12 years after he quit as chairman of Celtic Boys' Club over the sex abuse cover- up, Hugh is still angry. He is convinced that there are dozens of other Torbett victims suffering in silence. At his home in Bishopbriggs, near Glasgow, Hugh, 65, spoke of Torbett's "frightening" power over the youngsters.

He said: "He could make dreams come true - or destroy them...

...Hugh was made chairman of Celtic Boys' Club after Celtic FC manager Jock Stein kicked out Torbett amid complaints of abuse. He said: "Jock said to me to keep its name clean."...

...As more parents complained to Hugh about sex abuse, he informed Celtic vice- chairman Kevin Kelly, on advice from Jock Stein. He said Kelly, who had just been given a plum job at Torbett's Trophy Centre, promised to investigate and the claims were reported to the Boys' Club committee.

But minutes from that meeting have vanished. Hugh claims he finally quit after a row with Kelly over the abuse claims.

It should be painted in large letters above the front door at Porkheid for the whole world to see, probably the worst cover up of systematic abuse outside of the Catholic Church, looks like those two go hand in hand in all matters.

Was surprised to see the Kiddiefiddlers are opening an Academy just along the road from Penn State in America, I wonder if the authorities over their know about this showers shamefully and criminal past.

As for BJK, anything and I mean anything that keeps the spotlight on this until all the people involved are brought to justice should be used. If this had been a murder do you think it would've been a sweep sweep job? Not a chance, but because it's childabuse people just want it to go away and forget about it , I think that says more about us than it does the abusers.