Wall street journal pre Brechin - Wounded Giant Glasgow Rangers Start a New Life

Decent article by said paper, which I link here, as it is decent enough to deserve the clicks:

Wounded Giant Glasgow Rangers Start a New Life

Interesting bits:

This weekend, as city rival Glasgow Celtic entertains 18-time Italian champion Inter Milan at its 60,000-capacity Celtic Park, Rangers are hoping to begin the long climb back to the top of Scottish football running out to a crowd of just 4,100, plus one tall, neatly trimmed hedge, at Glebe Park.

What was their attendance, BTW?

In recent years, the tax authorities have challenged these arrangements. Rangers still await a decision by a tribunal on whether its use of such a system violated tax law; if the ruling goes against the club it could face a bill of as much as £75 million ($116 million).

A bit of a fail, as Rangers will not face any bills from that, unless I am mistaken?

Back at Glebe Park, Mr. Ferguson and the Brechin team are preparing for a fixture that could net them as much as £35,000; more than 40% of their entire season's revenue.

I think that is why the SFL can be a bit lenient towards the SPL tv deals.

Nuremberg Hugh stated on Radio Snyde on Monday evening that he had attended both ra Sellik's pre-season friendlies at ra Stydome and reckoned the crowds were 17-18,000 on both occasions ie Norwich City and Inter Milan.

The usual sancTIMoneous Yahoo took the bait and called in with, "I will tell you exactly why there were so many empty seats in both games. Supporters are buying blazers, shoes, and shirts/blouses. The money is going on school uniforms". Amazingly, Nuremberg sited his five grandchildren and Delahunt empathised with the caller.

There you go, a collective 86,000 empty seats are down to school uniforms! You couldn't make it up! Actually, they do, all the time.

Nuremberg Hugh stated on Radio Snyde on Monday evening that he had attended both ra Sellik's pre-season friendlies at ra Stydome and reckoned the crowds were 17-18,000 on both occasions ie Norwich City and Inter Milan.

The usual sancTIMoneous Yahoo took the bait and called in with, "I will tell you exactly why there were so many empty seats in both games. Supporters are buying blazers, shoes, and shirts/blouses. The money is going on school uniforms". Amazingly, Nuremberg sited his five grandchildren and Delahunt empathised with the caller.

There you go, a collective 86,000 empty seats are down to school uniforms! You couldn't make it up! Actually, they do, all the time.