burke stalls on new deal

chris burke is doing a shaun maloney and holding out for more money. talks between the club have come to an abrupt halt and the winger will weigh up his options at the transfer window. Personally i think, as good as burke is he is far to injury prone to be holding us to ransom. He has hardly featured over the last 2 seasons and has a bit of a cheek to be shouting the odds. In the end if he doesnt want to play for us he can go asap.

these things always get dragged through the media when i tend to think they are just the ordinary process of negotiation.

even if he were to leave, i'd be disappointed, but not dispairing. i mean, he's excellent for the ten games or so a season he plays. he seems very injury prone.

but obviously it would be much, much better if he stayed.

I think we miss Burke, he is good at getting up front and crossing into the box!

I think we miss Burke, he is good at getting up front and crossing into the box!

we do miss him, i totally agree. he's an excellent player, and a great prospect, and i wouldn't want to lose him. that being said, he does injury easily and if he's holding us to ransom, then he can go.

But is he holding us to ransom or is Bain offering him a pittance? 10 grand a week should be enough for him but maybe he's being offered 5. We need to keep the wage bill down but we also have to give players what they are worth or what they can get elsewhere.

Using the usual cliché - if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

But is he holding us to ransom or is Bain offering him a pittance? 10 grand a week should be enough for him but maybe he's being offered 5. We need to keep the wage bill down but we also have to give players what they are worth or what they can get elsewhere.

Using the usual clich�© - if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

i agree. its all just speculation (which is why i tend not to comment on it).

burke's an enigma. he's a consistent performer, but injured quite a lot.

but we definitely miss him in the side.

we do miss him, i totally agree. he's an excellent player, and a great prospect, and i wouldn't want to lose him. that being said, he does injury easily and if he's holding us to ransom, then he can go.

Agreed.

Good player and one of my personal favourites.

But NO player should hold us to ransom so if he is then he can go.

I'd rather know the details about how much he wants and how much he's being offered before discarding him.

Vignal wasn't worth more than 9 grand so I was glad to see him go but I thought Numan was worth more than 5 grand and so sorry to see him go.

Yeah agree with all above.

Burke has the ability to go on and be a really good player potentially great. He would need to bulk up a bit and play consistantly for a good season. Certainly looks dangerous on the attack and gets to the by-line which we are lacking.

I think £12K per week is a fair offer for a player who despite being exciting and talented is inconsistent and injury prone.

I'd like to see him stay but I'm sick of us wasting money on players who don't deserve huge wage rises.

If we can get money for him I'd take it. He flatters to deceive and like Huistra his final ball is extremely erratic....we would be better with Naismith from Killie who scores goals and has a very sweet left peg....his final ball is better, and we could get him for £1.2m or thereabouts.