Ricksen sold off in January -what fee?

It looks like Ricksen will be fully transferred to Zenit in January. The question is - how big will the fee be?

The rule of thumb is usually the players weekly wages multiplied by the number of weeks left on his contract.

So if Ricksen is on about 25K a week and his contract expires in June 2009, I make his fee over £3M...

I don't think we'll get that but it's a good starting point for the bargaining.

A couple of million would be cool...

If we could sell Buffel as well for a million odd, add to the couple of million left in the transfer kitty and a couple of million more from the UEFA income, that could give us a war chest of about 6 or 7 million in January!

Just dreaming... :sleep:

Edited to correct when his contract expires.

We'll settle for a Million i'm sure.

High earner off our books and a Million to plough back into buying Brown and a decent centre back hopefully.

That should keep the liar Murray happy,means he'll only have to release another million for Le Guen to shop in Matalan with.

Great times ahead...Beware of Moonbeams.

i think we should get at least 1.5 for him. he's a more rounded player than sebo, surely.

It's circumstances that will matter here,not how good a player A,B or C is i think..

They know we want rid of him...They know he wants to stay with them...They can walk away if we talk funny money,and are left with a problem player no one in Europe seems interested in,that's why i reckon we'll accept a million so as to alleviate any unecessary haggling over him.

It's circumstances that will matter here,not how good a player A,B or C is i think..

They know we want rid of him...They know he wants to stay with them...They can walk away if we talk funny money,and are left with a problem player no one in Europe seems interested in,that's why i reckon we'll accept a million so as to alleviate any unecessary haggling over him.

aye, true. unfortunate that its the case, but you are right.

You're probably right and it's debatable whether the fact it's DA who's buying will increase or decrease the fee.

Souness liked to give us top dollar but PLG paid bugger all for Clement...

Considering his wages and length of contract, 1M is a bargain but he's a player that it will be relief to get off the books.

Now who can we palm off with Buffel. He can be a great player but he's not great at the moment and he's someone we should be able to get some money for - a million anyway.