Ricksen sold off in January -what fee?

If i was to guess a fee id be thinking 200k tops. I think we want him off our wage bill and Advocaat will strike a deal with us to get him on the cheap.

The free up of 25k a week will help though.

At the start of this season and last, I thought Buffel would go on to be out most imprtant player. How wrong can i be, he just hasnt produced the goods at all. If we got an offer for him It wouldnt bother me if he went but it would cross my mind that he might go onto do what Shota has done and shine somewhere coz he has the talent.

Also at the moment i kind of think were missing a fully fit Peter Lovenkrands.

Well considering that Zenit have supposedly already handed out £250,000 to take Ricksen on loan, i'd be amazed if a future fee for a permanent transfer hadn't already been agreed if the arrangement had worked out to the benefit of all parties. I think we'd be looking at another £1 million on top of the £250,000 already paid as well as the bonus of having one of the highest earners of the payroll. From comments attributed to him that i've read in the press he seems to clearly be fed up of Scottish football so even if Zenit don't sign him i don't forsee him staying to see out the remainder of his contract.

As for Buffel, the guy can obviously play the game but it seems he can't be fitted into Le Guens prefered formation and therefore I don't see him sticking around much longer. I would hope though that we would look to recoup most of the fee that we paid to Feyenoord to get him and not look to off load him on the cheap. What really grates me is that we let Shota sign for nothing to AZ Alkamaar and then sign someone like Filip Sebo to replace him. Perhaps its to early to judge Sebo, considering his lack of first team action and the fact that the majority of his appearances have been as a late substitute in games. That and the fact that his goals to games ratio for his national team is very impressive. The fact remains that Sebo at the moment isn't cutting it in the SPL while Arveladze had a proven goal scoring record and it's basically his goals that have taken AZ to their high position in the Dutch league.

Malky

Yeah your right about Buffel Malky. I do think part of his downfall has been this system.

Had it been tweaked to 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 then Buffel would be suited. But coz its 4-2-3-1 with 2 wingers it leaves the midfield a bit lightweight with only 2 sitting as Buffel is a player plays in the final 3rd.

Well considering that Zenit have supposedly already handed out �£250,000 to take Ricksen on loan, i'd be amazed if a future fee for a permanent transfer hadn't already been agreed if the arrangement had worked out to the benefit of all parties. I think we'd be looking at another �£1 million on top of the �£250,000 already paid as well as the bonus of having one of the highest earners of the payroll. From comments attributed to him that i've read in the press he seems to clearly be fed up of Scottish football so even if Zenit don't sign him i don't forsee him staying to see out the remainder of his contract.

As for Buffel, the guy can obviously play the game but it seems he can't be fitted into Le Guens prefered formation and therefore I don't see him sticking around much longer. I would hope though that we would look to recoup most of the fee that we paid to Feyenoord to get him and not look to off load him on the cheap. What really grates me is that we let Shota sign for nothing to AZ Alkamaar and then sign someone like Filip Sebo to replace him. Perhaps its to early to judge Sebo, considering his lack of first team action and the fact that the majority of his appearances have been as a late substitute in games. That and the fact that his goals to games ratio for his national team is very impressive. The fact remains that Sebo at the moment isn't cutting it in the SPL while Arveladze had a proven goal scoring record and it's basically his goals that have taken AZ to their high position in the Dutch league.

Malky

Some good points there. :thup: