The Road to Damascus - Jim Spence Sees the Light

On the way back from work tonight, I tuned in to the Moscow game when it was already 3-0. Cue Jim Spence coming out with an absolute belter of Biblical proportion.

"If Scottish football wants to become a top nation again, we really need to encourage some money into the game."

It crossed my mind that, given that profound statement, why anyone in their right mind would want Rangers dead and buried, thus depriving Scottish football of half of its revenue.

So, Jim, do you think your ongoing agenda against Rangers has helped that little initiative of yours, or what? You were strangely silent regarding solutions after your deep surgical insight.

Perhaps you have some cracking ideas about how to take the Scottish game forward? Perhaps you even have some cracking ideas about how to take the Scottish game forward without Rangers? Perhaps you have even have some ill thought out, tawdry excuses as regards your anti-Rangers agenda.

Perhaps, as I fear, you just enjoy bumping your gums. Empty vessels and all that, my son.

One thing that is certain is that Rangers fans are, have been, and will remain to be, one of the major driving economic forces in Scottish football. So, Jim, away home and think about that one. Dream up a scenario where Celtic, Dundee United and Scottish football can be masters of the universe without the fan base that is Rangers, then let's see the back of that fag packet and we'll give it consideration.

Because Jim, do you really know what? I think you're a small-minded bigot who loves jumping on the bandwagon along with the rest of the boys, and I also think you lack the foresight to understand the consequences of your ill thought out preachings. And while I'm at it Jim, you might want to know that I honestly consider you to be an intellectual bantamweight devoid of any valid thought for the future of Scottish football. Mind you, given present form, that shouldn't hold a lucrative Scottish journalistic career back.

Now Jim, I'm getting on in years, but I suspect that I'll live to see the back of most of you and your ilk. And I sincerely hope that there is a more enlightened and professionally sound base of young journalists ready, willing and able to take your place. Then, finally, Scottish football might get somewhere close to the utopia that you were havering about.

The best bit was his hurt at being tweeted by gloating non Utd fans, happy to see the Tayside Crapolas being hammered. Sad, he choked, that people couldn't get behind the game as a whole.

The words 'physician, heal thyself' sprang to mind.

Have to say I was absolutely delighted they got hammered 5-0 by Moscow Dynamo. You have to laugh at Spence though don't you ? Any decent organisation ( which BBC Scotland isn't) would have got shot off this nonce long ago who constantly contradicts himself.

Young, Spence, Keevins, Spiers ... all people who do not need to get into Ibrox again without paying for it. It is as simple as that. People talk about a gold-fish bowl SPL for ages, with two established big guns slugging it out over the years. There are some "heavy weights" within the Scottish media who deem themselves equally unchallengable and as long as this old guard / caste remains in their ivory towers, we will be subjected to their bile.

Given the straight lies told time and again by Scrote McLaughlin, the "new brigade" actually makes it possible for Ofcom to get a wedge into the BBC's stranglehold on all things BBC .. if someone finally starts to act on this.

I think Zappa highlighted that BBC are outwith the jurisdiction of OFCOM. Could be wrong.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?36851-BBC-Scotland-s-presentation-of-Aluko-s-penalty-the-Pacific-Quay-Judiciary/page2&highlight=Ofcom

Not sure if it's changed now, but the info was up to date when I posted. It's post number 12 in the link above... :tu: