Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Its been a great debate in this thread both ways. My main irk about the management team in general is not having a stronger No.2.

While McCoist is taking a lot of flak and rightly so with the sheer lack of not making changes at all I dont see Durrant and McDowall doing much apart from Durrant chewing his gum and McDowall drawing pony's on a clipboard. I feel those 2 are escaping a bit much of the flak.

Ally might be able to rally the troops and keep morale good in training but a tactician and good coach on your team is then equally important and thats always what McCoist has had missing.

Edited by Gribz

Then what the hell are your opinions about? You can't predict that Ally will get any more bad results. Therefore there is no point in sacking him. We just don't know... What kind of weird thinking is that? Why is it that the Ally bashers can't debate anything fairly that goes against their opinion? That's my biggest problem. The bunker mentality is amazing.

It is impossible to really say what would have happened if we did not go into administration but with a bit of intelligence you can gauge it. You extrapolate the rest of the results of the season. Or is that too difficult for you?

It's pretty obvious that administration affected those results so lets remove them from Ally's record - and the second Celtic game.

That makes 80 points with five games to go. From that position we could have won the league. Or just take Ally's results up to the point of administration and compare it with other seasons.

The worst thing that the Ally bashers do is that they try to pretend that administration had no bearing on results. It suits their blame Ally agenda.

The people arguing with you and not seeing it your way, take mitigation into account. I can see the frustrations with the team and results at the moment, but I can see the difficulties of the situation.

It seems that those against Ally do not take administration into consideration AND think Ally should be fired for not achieving more than 102 pts ie winning by 9 points or more.

It just highlights the ridiculousness of the arguments against him.

I can't predict anything but you seem to be able to. As for gauging results, you're talking absolute rubbish again. We began dropping points at an alarming rate pre admin so nothing really changed once we went into admin yet you seem to think that we would've won 3 and drawn 1? Rubbish.

By the way, I would sack Ally for poor performances and terrible results both this season and last season. Nothing else.