Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Derek McInnes could be the man in 3 years time. He wouldnt leave the Championship where he has started the season off well.

Davies is an obvious choice but Id be looking at asking Kevin Keegan to maybe come in and help out. He knows how to get the ball down and play attacking quick football.

davies and keegan would be great. proven and experienced.

bring in an asst to help ally? what are we paying mcdowall and durrant for? why not just appoint a manger who knows what they are doing? much easier.

McCoist is a utter disaster as a manager,he and his two incompetent sidekicks are an embarrassment to the beautiful game.

What has he actually achieved as a manager ? Serious question.

Took Preston to the playoffs, got Derby promoted, Nottingham Forest to the playoffs...in short a lot more than Ally.

As Kuznetsov says though, it's beyond getting a hugely successful manager in. What we badly need is someone who can just get the team playing football again.

Which is what I dont get with McCoist. IF these players are playing to his tactics and they are the long ball variety.... why ? He played in enough Rangers teams that played the ball on the deck. He himself is a striker that liked the ball on the deck between the CB's - so why such a bipolar change ?

I dont get it.

Which is what I dont get with McCoist. IF these players are playing to his tactics and they are the long ball variety.... why ? He played in enough Rangers teams that played the ball on the deck. He himself is a striker that liked the ball on the deck between the CB's - so why such a bipolar change ?

I dont get it.

he said at half time they were not playing like he asked. that is a few times i have heard him say that so, if the players are not doing what the manager asks, what do we do? we cant get rid of 20 odd players.

correct, an embarassment to our great club.

Cant agree with that, not with what he has went through in the last 6 months.

If you expand by saying "as manager" then you would have more support from me (not that you need it :D) but even then I think embarassment is too strong

I dont get it.

Who taught him all he knows?