Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

No worries, thought that was the case.

I dont think he has taken us back THAT far. We have a long road back to the SPL anyway so he has only taken us back a year IMO. The bigger thing is the youth coming through. What quality are they ? We have brought through a number of decent players from the youth ranks and McKay looks the part right now - but it is hard to judge when he is playing against Div 3 teams.

I dont think Sinclair is the man for the job there.

But if we can sort out the youth dept then we arent that far back at all. What I WANT to see (but wont...) is a CLUB philosophy (from the U8 level and up) of keeping the ball on the deck, short passes, sharp passes, movement, offering for the return pass - it isnt a difficult game and, in fact, Berwick showed us today how it could be done because they passed us off the park at 1-1.

Jack Wilshere signed for Arsenal when he was 8 and he looked like he had been in the 1st team for years when he made his debut. Why ? Because the club philosophy is the same all the way though the ranks.

I was in a symposium with Man City's U13 Academy director and he stated that he could beat Man U 5-0 and it would NOT be considered a success. He is only a success if he produces players who make the 1st team. That is the ONLY end result for them. They also have monthly assessment reports on the players, track their physical, tactical, technical progress regularly and provide them with feedback on how they can and how they should improve. In other words they are PROFESIONAL in every way. I doubt this happens at our club !

macleod looks out of his depth. mckay is very raw. there doesnt seem to be anyone else which then asks the question of jimmy sinclair.....why does the manager have so little to turn to when needed? mccoist has no intention of sorting out the youth department mate. it should have been done the minute he was appointed last year.

i agree with that post mate. you are right.

i believe him too but i also dont think he knows how to. his 2 assts certainly dont, i know that.

no craig, at ibrox last week we were poor too. honestly, it was a slog bvut we got the goals. little scored a hat trick but played very poorly. we didnt come to life until mckay came on.

there is only one outcome that can come of this, i wish green would get his finger out and do it. it just gets harder to get investment and sell the club to potential investors with crap like that being served up.

I didnt get to see last week's game as I was on vacation so thanks for that. Scorelines truly CAN be misleading huh ?

the problem for Green is that he still needs to gain the trust of the support and they are still, mostly, behind Ally (mostly for how he conducted himself through administration). As soon as the tide turns from the support, which results and performances like today ensure it will, Green will bow to public pressure and get rid of him.

I would be gutted to lose Ally given all he has went through for us but this is a results driven business and if we arent getting them then he will HAVE to go.

In fact, I would be keen to see just how much input McCoist has behind the scenes in terms of the grass roots football of the club. From the U8 up. How much is he a part of the footballing strategy beyond the 1st team. If he isnt putting in any guidance there then I say we have to get rid of him. He HAS to be a significant part of the club strategy because we are now a club that will have to rely on the youths coming through, which means the manager needs to guide the other coaches in a footballing philosophy.

I dont think McCoist is involved at that level. I bet that Ferguson, Wenger et al have dictated to all of their youth coaches and academy directors that they play a certain way. In fact, I KNOW that Fergie doesnt allow his Man U teams to play any other clubs teams until they get to U14.... simple reason being that he wants them to learn how to play the Man U way before they are placed in competitive games where they are expected to win, that way the kids play the way he wants them to even competitively, because they have grown up having to play a certain (Man U) way.

I didnt get to see last week's game as I was on vacation so thanks for that. Scorelines truly CAN be misleading huh ?

the problem for Green is that he still needs to gain the trust of the support and they are still, mostly, behind Ally (mostly for how he conducted himself through administration). As soon as the tide turns from the support, which results and performances like today ensure it will, Green will bow to public pressure and get rid of him.

I would be gutted to lose Ally given all he has went through for us but this is a results driven business and if we arent getting them then he will HAVE to go.

In fact, I would be keen to see just how much input McCoist has behind the scenes in terms of the grass roots football of the club. From the U8 up. How much is he a part of the footballing strategy beyond the 1st team. If he isnt putting in any guidance there then I say we have to get rid of him. He HAS to be a significant part of the club strategy because we are now a club that will have to rely on the youths coming through, which means the manager needs to guide the other coaches in a footballing philosophy.

I dont think McCoist is involved at that level. I bet that Ferguson, Wenger et al have dictated to all of their youth coaches and academy directors that they play a certain way. In fact, I KNOW that Fergie doesnt allow his Man U teams to play any other clubs teams until they get to U14.... simple reason being that he wants them to learn how to play the Man U way before they are placed in competitive games where they are expected to win, that way the kids play the way he wants them to even competitively, because they have grown up having to play a certain (Man U) way.

yes mate.

i said as soon as his takeover was complete if he wanted my trust all he had to do was appoint his own man. that would have got me and plenty people i know onside. i hope you are right but it is how long fans will put up with the constant dross as long as we win at home by any means.

again, i agree, i dont want him to fail as much as people think i do, i dont, he was my hero but i didnt rate him as asst to walter and i didnt want him as manager outright, i will not change my opinion, i have seen too many mistakes made.

he is manager, he should have every say craig but going by how he works with our first team players i would be a bit hesitant to let him loose on our youths too.

that is interesting about man u mate. sadly at rangers =our way sees to be slow, cumbersome, negative anti football and it has been that way for decades. plg tried to change our philosophy and the first sign of trouble on the park fans panicked and players rebelled. that is why i think we need a manager with balls and ability, i dont think ally has either. billy davies teams always played football the right way, they were entertaining and we all know he is a wee dour faced man, he is strict and takes no nonsense. he would not tolerate qulifying europeans exits or lower league cup exits.