Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Correct me if I'm wrong Pete - I'm sure there were posters on here last year saying the exact same thing?

You are quite right. But you cant deny that an awful lot has happened since then. And the personnel has changed considerably too. We are, in essence, a completely new team.

Guest Bluenose80
We will never know until you start asking managers if they fancy the job and I dont think Greens hand will be to far away from the phone.

Ally will get us out of this league just about anybody could with the money he has at his disposal, it's the next 4 years I'm worried about. I don't see any plan for taking the club forward, we all scream we want to see Greens plan for the club well I want to see what Ally has planned and if the standard of football we saw last season and the start of this is his plan then he can go whenever he likes.

Agreed mate Ally's signing policy so far shows he is taking a short term approach as mostly 30+ players we will get a season or two from (if they stay fit) which is the wrong way to go when you are rebuilding a team. He is as usual following the Walter Smith plan and you can count on one hand the number of players Walter developed over the years on one hand.

A new team is no bad thing, but the same manager and assistants looks gloomy

But that isnt really the point is it ? A new team needs time to settle, and the manager needs time to work with them, no ?

Agreed mate Ally's signing policy so far shows he is taking a short term approach as mostly 30+ players we will get a season or two from (if they stay fit) which is the wrong way to go when you are rebuilding a team. He is as usual following the Walter Smith plan and you can count on one hand the number of players Walter developed over the years on one hand.

Serious question.... how many 30+ players has he signed for this season ?

Faure is 21

Sandaza is 27

Argy is 24

Black is 27

Cribari is 32

Shiels is 27

Kyle is 31

So 2 of 7 are over 30. I wouldnt have thought that is too many. No harm in having some experience in the squad is there ? And you cant exactly call 2 out of 7 signings as "mostly 30+".

But that isnt really the point is it ? A new team needs time to settle, and the manager needs time to work with them, no ?

I'm just concerned about him as manager, it stretches back to this time last year when he struggled from the offset. With the squad we had then we should have won the SPL even with the 10 point deduction.

Serious question.... how many 30+ players has he signed for this season ?

Faure is 21

Sandaza is 27

Argy is 24

Black is 27

Cribari is 32

Shiels is 27

Kyle is 31

So 2 of 7 are over 30. I wouldnt have thought that is too many. No harm in having some experience in the squad is there ? And you cant exactly call 2 out of 7 signings as "mostly 30+".

...in fairness to Bluenose80 five of those guys will be 30+ in three years time.

Guest Bluenose80
You are quite right. But you cant deny that an awful lot has happened since then. And the personnel has changed considerably too. We are, in essence, a completely new team.

You're right that the personnel has changed but the football philosophy we are using clearly hasn't. It didn't work with old players and is not working with the new players. Ally said at the end of the game he was very unhappy but he has said this before and not acted on it, this time he needs to take action and should not simply be a case of replacing the younger players with older ones which is generally how Ally makes changes. I would make the changes below:

1. No more McCulloch in midfield he has never had a remotely good game there, Kyle Hutton should be there next game or we should be told the reason why he's not

2. Perry is no RB which showed today put him in the middle with Boca

3. Little and McCulloch up front as the goal today was a great example of how they should play together. Sandaza has not impressed in the games he's played as he wastes too many of the opportunities he gets.

Guest Bluenose80
...in fairness to Bluenose80 five of those guys will be 30+ in three years time.

Exactly we are in the Third Division and should be building the base of our team for reaching its peak when we get back to the top flight instead most of our team will ready to retire or in the case of some will have already retired because injury problems (Sandaza/Kyle).