Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I think some fans are giving the Third Division teams too much respect to be honest.

I expected us to get caught out on the very occasional bad day this season with them treating it like a 'cup final' and all but three games in we've drawn twice and had big slices of luck in injury time to avoid defeat in both.

I refuse to accept that is good enough for Rangers FC even with the problems we've had.

the answer to your question - Why can we not do that? is simple. the manager.

sadly some fans have started to accept mediocrity. the standards we once had as a people and as a club are no longer there to some people. excuses are now being wheeled out instead of home truths and that is pathetic. this blind support of ally and his coaches no matter what product is produced is completely embarassing for the club and for the fans doing it too.

Edited by kuznetsov

the answer to your question - Why can we not do that? is simple. the manager.

sadly some fans have started to accept mediocrity. the standards we once had as a people and as a club are no longer there to some people. excuses are now being wheeled out instead of home truths and that is pathetic. this blind support of ally and his coaches no matter what product is produced is completely embarassing for the club and for the fans doing it too.

What period in our history are you talking about exactly because all through out our exisrence we have had periods of abject dross when legends like Wallace , Greig were in charge , its easy to cherry pick from history but upon closer inspection it doesnt stack up

What period in our history are you talking about exactly because all through out our exisrence we have had periods of abject dross when legends like Wallace , Greig were in charge , its easy to cherry pick from history but upon closer inspection it doesnt stack up

But those were considered bad periods of our history, and action got taken to rectify them.

Don't worry lads lets just stick our heads in the sand it's what we do. I'm sure it will fix itself in no time, godforbid we have two away games in a row and for once the Scotland break can't come quick enough.

No one is saying that but is there any need for numerous threads about the same thing?

I can't believe that some of our fans expect the team to come out the blocks and hit top gear right away despite all the problems we had this summer. It's not about accepting the shite that's been on offer in the away games so far, or how many internationals were in the team, or what Gretna done, it's about understanding the problems our club faced during the summer and accepting it WILL take a few weeks for the team to settle and move into gear.

If that doesn't happen in the next few weeks then we can look at McCoist's position .

All I am seeing at this moment and time is some reverting back to the "old habits" of crying foul and whipping up a hysteria that simply is not there. Take a step back and a deep breath, look at it with some sort of objectivity of the "here and now" and not "should be's". I assume we are all grown-up people, not immature fans that cannot see beyond their blue-pointed noses.

These teams and their supporters down here get more of my respect than nigh any of the SPL sides and once our players get into some sort of rhythm - and there is nothing to suspect that they won't - we will see their quality prevail. I know that quite a few on here see it differently and I'm not on a crusade to change their minds and try to refrain from debating this. I only hope that the flak aimed at players and manager remains on a realistic and dignified level. And I am sure not one who agrees with what I see right now, just in case.

Edited by der Berliner

Guest ibrox64

I am not sure what disappointed me more, the way we played on Sunday morning or the fact that every single thread I read seems to revert back to talk of firing Ally. Any chance of keeping all the posts aimed at slagging the manager in one thread in future, it would be far more efficient than taking all threads off on that tangent?