Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Some on here seem to think questioning Ally's ability as a manger is some how slagging him off, I've not heard one derogatory remark said about Ally on here.

So maybe the Ally can do no wrong brigade should look at themselves before they start cast stones at others.

You fling anyone who disagrees into this camp and it's just dumb. People have various positions on Ally for various reasons but anyone who disagrees with the sack him view is automatically guilty of blind faith, head in the sand etc. Get a grip. Really spoiling the site for one user at least.

I can't believe that some of our fans expect the team to come out the blocks and hit top gear right away despite all the problems we had this summer. It's not about accepting the shite that's been on offer in the away games so far, or how many internationals were in the team, or what Gretna done, it's about understanding the problems our club faced during the summer and accepting it WILL take a few weeks for the team to settle and move into gear.

If that doesn't happen in the next few weeks then we can look at McCoist's position .

Not happy about the performance at the weekend but getting out the pitchforks and burning torches for McCoist this early is crazy. TWBD is absolutely right. Give the team a chance to gel. Does anyone remember the losses to Hibs and Dundee United at the start of Souness' first season when we had Butcher, Woods, etc making their debuts? Probably not. We just remember the glory of that season because the team sorted it out in the weeks that followed. Give Ally and the players another few weeks. If we're still scraping draws by the middle of October then we really need to worry.

Let's keep it friendly please folks... :)

I understand and agree with the points made by people who are defending and criticising Ally. I'm sure every member appreciates both arguments without deliberately missing the point (i.e. head in the sand).

There's a big difference between offering constructive criticism whilst exploring the reasons for some issues with that of being obtuse by refusing to acknowledge some factors.

Guest ibrox64

point taken and noted. i will be more precise in future comments. My intent was not to throw stones at others, so i will apologize for any damages caused by my stone throwing. My aim was to try and steer the dialogue on firing Ally into a single coherent thread, and i meant no disrespect to any other supporter.

Edited by ibrox64
spelling...again

You fling anyone who disagrees into this camp and it's just dumb. People have various positions on Ally for various reasons but anyone who disagrees with the sack him view is automatically guilty of blind faith, head in the sand etc. Get a grip. Really spoiling the site for one user at least.

And getting constantly accused of slagging a man and being an Ally Basher when I haven't because i question his ability 1 year after he started is ruining this site for some so it swings both ways just remember that.

Edited by GovanAllan

point taken and noted. i will be more precise in future comments. My intent was not to throw stones at others, so i will apologize for any damages caused by my stone throwing. My aim was to try and steer the dialogue on firing Ally into a single coherent thread, and i meant no disrespect to any other supporter.

No worries mate I'm just fed up getting called a Ally basher just because I don't think he's the man for the job, there's never been a better ambassador for the club and one of the greatest players I've ever watched, some of the stuff that he wasn't a footballer is just nonsense if you just sat and watched Ally during a game you would know he's a footballer.

I just wish he he gave me more confidence as a manager but he doesn't more the pity.

Let's keep it friendly please folks... :)

I understand and agree with the points made by people who are defending and criticising Ally. I'm sure every member appreciates both arguments without deliberately missing the point (i.e. head in the sand).

There's a big difference between offering constructive criticism whilst exploring the reasons for some issues with that of being obtuse by refusing to acknowledge some factors.

Ok head in sand might have been a bit vague I apologise for that one. :)

All the troubles of the past months seem to have been made an excuse for our present predicament.

We as one wanted 3rd Division football this year for our new adventures and the gleeful steamrollering of the might of the dross which is Scottish football it seemed a good idea at the time.

Now we find ourselves 'struggling' to get a result. When Brooks Mileson took over Gretna back in 2005 he thundered his way through the leagues. Why can't we not do that?

We are bigger than the defunct Gretna, yet can't match their easy Div 3 slaughtering of the meek.

Why are we so shite? Why are we making excuses for those in charge? I'm f**king fed up with what's on display.

And you know, despite Gretna's so -called big spending, their marquee signing was one James Grady FFS and maybe , was it McMenamin.

So maybe the Ally can do no wrong brigade should look at themselves before they start cast stones at others.

I have yet to see one poster who says that Ally can do no wrong - so who exactly are you referring to? I'd say there IS a brigade who seem to think Ally can do no right though - expecting him to win the league with a 10 point penalty and 75% player wage cuts for a start and now getting slagged off after 4-0 and 5-1 wins which is highly unusual.