Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

We as one wanted 3rd Division football this year

Speak for yourself!

I was never an advocate of us ending up in the 3rd Division because it was an undeserved punishment for our club.

I'll tell you what though: It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it's the same people who were unrealistically saying we'd slaughter every team in the league that are moaning their arses off after we only got 5 points from our first 3 games.

Speak for yourself!

I was never an advocate of us ending up in the 3rd Division because it was an undeserved punishment for our club.

I'll tell you what though: It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it's the same people who were unrealistically saying we'd slaughter every team in the league that are moaning their arses off after we only got 5 points from our first 3 games.

Check my posts and I think you'll find I never said that.

I don't think anyone thought it was deserved, just that it was the best way to make a fresh start away from the sporting integrity brigade and let them rot.

Speak for yourself!

of course its the same people. we should be slaughtering teams. but aren't.

did you look at those Gretna results?

I think in the long term we'll look back at the tough away matches and think crikey it wasnt so easy after all and this is part of the journey. Im sure everyone expected a few draws and defeats on the road but to have 2 lucky draws out of 2 away from home wasnt expected. If we were winning 6-0 every week the enjoyment might wear off because we are going to have 2-3 years of this climbing the leagues.

Its still early days but by the end of September there is no excuses, the team will / should have gelled and all the off field stuff should be put to bed.

By October / Nov I expect to be at least 6 points clear.

Speak for yourself!

That's unfair Zappa maybe you thought at the time we could stay in the SPL but it was obvious from the outset that that was never going to be the case, all Rangers fans united to go there under the assumption we would 'stroll' it.

We aren't 'strolling' it, we're in an uncanny way 'fumbling' our way so far and that's extremely worrying.

I'll admit I've had a few tonight and 'blowing' off but am pissed off with our 'storming' up the league stuff and getting bad vibes that we aren't doing it.

Zappa seems to have a 'inferior' feeling towards our club and that notion is totally unacceptable.