Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

To be fair to GA I think there's a big difference between saying someone can't manage (preferably with clear reasons why) and gratuitous digs without reasoning.

Of course there is. I'd still argue that describing someone as a disaster and an embarrassment is slagging him off and is gratuitous, but if you disagree then fair enough.

Of course there is. I'd still argue that describing someone as a disaster and an embarrassment is slagging him off and is gratuitous, but if you disagree then fair enough.

I guess it depends on the context.

As long as people aren't arguing over it, I don't mind either. :)

Right I've had my say on Ally and I agree it's getting boring I really really hope he can turn it around and go on to be a success, I've just not seen anything to give me that hope, so until the next game and it all starts again let's talk about something else. :)

Some on here seem to think questioning Ally's ability as a manger is some how slagging him off, I've not heard one derogatory remark said about Ally on here.

So maybe the Ally can do no wrong brigade should look at themselves before they start cast stones at others.

So calling him atrocious isnt derogatory ? :confused:

So calling him atrocious isnt derogatory ? :confused:

No Craig I don't think it is, atrocious isn't a derogatory term in my book. If I walk off the golf course or had a bad day at work and my partner or work colleague turns and says you were atrocious today I wouldn't be offended, I'd be more likely to agree.

If somebody tells me I was atrocious at something I try to get better Ally should do the same, his and the teams performance was atrocious on Sunday.

No Craig I don't think it is, atrocious isn't a derogatory term in my book. If I walk off the golf course or had a bad day at work and my partner or work colleague turns and says you were atrocious today I wouldn't be offended, I'd be more likely to agree.

If somebody tells me I was atrocious at something I try to get better Ally should do the same, his and the teams performance was atrocious on Sunday.

I'm going to make this my last post in this thread, nothing to do with you GA but I really dont want to continue to belabor it.

If you WERE atrocious at golf then that is one thing to agree. However, I think we can all agree that most of us were prepared to wipe the slate clean for Ally this "pre-season", would that not be correct ? So, if you can assume that to be the case - he has now had 5 competitive games, won 3 and drawn 2 with no defeats, 2 of those wins being convincing (in terms of result if not performance) 4 goal victories whilst we have also had 2 lucky draws and an opening game which was our first competitive action in ages, whilst those who played had no idea if they would have an employer over the summer.

Now, we can say the performances have been poor, tactics and formations poor..... but atrocious ? I would contend that it is an over-dramatisation of what has actually happened.

I am not in the "Ally can do no wrong" camp, not by any stretch. We SHOULD be humping these teams for the most part and, even on an off day, we should be winning by a couple of clear goals.

However, given that the whole team save Jig & Boca have changed over the summer then the manager needs time to get them playing the way he wants. These things simply dont happen overnight. Anyone that has played the game, not even at a high level, knows that if you have played with someone over a period of time you get to know them (strengths, weaknesses, pace, direction, where and when they make a run etc etc) - that type of telepathy doesnt happen in 3 or 4 games.

Has it been a poor start to the season ? Absolutely. Has AM been atrocious ? Not IMO. Have the PLAYERS let Ally AND the fans down ? Too damn right they have, because they have been so lazy. Does Ally get pass marks at this point ? NO, definitely not IMO. Does he deserve more time ? After 5 games unbeaten I would suggest he does. Though I readily accept and encourage the opinion of others who dont.

I think you must know as much as me that Ally WILL be trying to get better, from himself AND his players. He was a born winner - they dont go from demanding success of themselves to accepting mediocrity from others that easily.

Anyone who responds to my message.... I am not being ignorant by not replying back, just leaving this subject alone as this is my last say on it.

I'm going to make this my last post in this thread, nothing to do with you GA but I really dont want to continue to belabor it.

If you WERE atrocious at golf then that is one thing to agree. However, I think we can all agree that most of us were prepared to wipe the slate clean for Ally this "pre-season", would that not be correct ? So, if you can assume that to be the case - he has now had 5 competitive games, won 3 and drawn 2 with no defeats, 2 of those wins being convincing (in terms of result if not performance) 4 goal victories whilst we have also had 2 lucky draws and an opening game which was our first competitive action in ages, whilst those who played had no idea if they would have an employer over the summer.

Now, we can say the performances have been poor, tactics and formations poor..... but atrocious ? I would contend that it is an over-dramatisation of what has actually happened.

I am not in the "Ally can do no wrong" camp, not by any stretch. We SHOULD be humping these teams for the most part and, even on an off day, we should be winning by a couple of clear goals.

However, given that the whole team save Jig & Boca have changed over the summer then the manager needs time to get them playing the way he wants. These things simply dont happen overnight. Anyone that has played the game, not even at a high level, knows that if you have played with someone over a period of time you get to know them (strengths, weaknesses, pace, direction, where and when they make a run etc etc) - that type of telepathy doesnt happen in 3 or 4 games.

Has it been a poor start to the season ? Absolutely. Has AM been atrocious ? Not IMO. Have the PLAYERS let Ally AND the fans down ? Too damn right they have, because they have been so lazy. Does Ally get pass marks at this point ? NO, definitely not IMO. Does he deserve more time ? After 5 games unbeaten I would suggest he does. Though I readily accept and encourage the opinion of others who dont.

I think you must know as much as me that Ally WILL be trying to get better, from himself AND his players. He was a born winner - they dont go from demanding success of themselves to accepting mediocrity from others that easily.

Anyone who responds to my message.... I am not being ignorant by not replying back, just leaving this subject alone as this is my last say on it.

Agree with a lot of Craig, but for me the level of performance from top to bottom on Sunday was atrocious if that means I'm giving Ally a hard time so be it.

And by the way have I got a big target on my back today been battling all morning. :)

I just don't see any encouraging signs.

can he find good players - not really

do players inmprove under him - no

tactical side of game - I've yet to see a change made never mind an effective one

are players motivated - no quite the oposite

are they fit - not much more than part time players it seems

I asked this before what's his qualities. what's his football philosophy. what's he done as a manager to deserve support.

I just don't see any encouraging signs.

can he find good players - not really

do players inmprove under him - no

tactical side of game - I've yet to see a change made never mind an effective one

are players motivated - no quite the oposite

are they fit - not much more than part time players it seems

I asked this before what's his qualities. what's his football philosophy. what's he done as a manager to deserve support.

Will give you 4/5 there. But first one - can he find good players, his hands have been tied on that one.