Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Cant agree with that, not with what he has went through in the last 6 months.

If you expand by saying "as manager" then you would have more support from me (not that you need it :D) but even then I think embarassment is too strong

of course i meant as manager mate sorry, as a pr man he has been excellent. as manager he has took our football club back many years. side shows are no excuse.

he said at half time they were not playing like he asked. that is a few times i have heard him say that so, if the players are not doing what the manager asks, what do we do? we cant get rid of 20 odd players.

I completely agree, which is why I said he must take ultimate responsibility. If they are not playing the way he wants then it is he that must go because we cant replace the players, even if we wanted to. But that is also part of my point in that if they arent listening to him then is it him that is all to blame for such performances as today ? I dont think it is fair to blamce shit performances on him if the players simply arent listening.

He said at the start of the season he wanted to give the fans a brand of football they want to watch - I actually believe him. Which means, given what we have had to watch (only away from home though, right ? At Ibrox we have played the ball on the deck and been somewhat attractive), one can ony assume the players arent playing the way he wants them to.

And better managers than Ally have had to walk when the players wont play to his tactics, formation or listen to him.......

Who taught him all he knows?

And if he is simply following the "Walter" way then he SHOULD go. every manager should have their own ideas and thoughts - even someone following Pep or Jose should have their own ideas, philosophies and tactics.

One would have thought that the way McCoist PLAYED the game would influence how he manages. Maybe not though....

We were playing today the way he wants though. Do you think for the past year he has been telling the players in training to focus on intelligent passing and movement only to see them each week resort to playing the long ball?

Bocanegra is the captain of the USA and an experienced former Premiership player, do you think he honestly wants to constantly hammer the ball into the opponents box?

Cant agree with that, not with what he has went through in the last 6 months.

If you expand by saying "as manager" then you would have more support from me (not that you need it :D) but even then I think embarassment is too strong

Time to stop fulling ourselves Craig,McCoist's efforts as a manager are truly embarrassing.

And if he is simply following the "Walter" way then he SHOULD go. every manager should have their own ideas and thoughts - even someone following Pep or Jose should have their own ideas, philosophies and tactics.

One would have thought that the way McCoist PLAYED the game would influence how he manages. Maybe not though....

McCoist's general game was widely accepted as being poor though. Much like his teams.

of course i meant as manager mate sorry, as a pr man he has been excellent. as manager he has took our football club back many years. side shows are no excuse.

No worries, thought that was the case.

I dont think he has taken us back THAT far. We have a long road back to the SPL anyway so he has only taken us back a year IMO. The bigger thing is the youth coming through. What quality are they ? We have brought through a number of decent players from the youth ranks and McKay looks the part right now - but it is hard to judge when he is playing against Div 3 teams.

I dont think Sinclair is the man for the job there.

But if we can sort out the youth dept then we arent that far back at all. What I WANT to see (but wont...) is a CLUB philosophy (from the U8 level and up) of keeping the ball on the deck, short passes, sharp passes, movement, offering for the return pass - it isnt a difficult game and, in fact, Berwick showed us today how it could be done because they passed us off the park at 1-1.

Jack Wilshere signed for Arsenal when he was 8 and he looked like he had been in the 1st team for years when he made his debut. Why ? Because the club philosophy is the same all the way though the ranks.

I was in a symposium with Man City's U13 Academy director and he stated that he could beat Man U 5-0 and it would NOT be considered a success. He is only a success if he produces players who make the 1st team. That is the ONLY end result for them. They also have monthly assessment reports on the players, track their physical, tactical, technical progress regularly and provide them with feedback on how they can and how they should improve. In other words they are PROFESIONAL in every way. I doubt this happens at our club !

I completely agree, which is why I said he must take ultimate responsibility. If they are not playing the way he wants then it is he that must go because we cant replace the players, even if we wanted to. But that is also part of my point in that if they arent listening to him then is it him that is all to blame for such performances as today ? I dont think it is fair to blamce shit performances on him if the players simply arent listening.

He said at the start of the season he wanted to give the fans a brand of football they want to watch - I actually believe him. Which means, given what we have had to watch (only away from home though, right ? At Ibrox we have played the ball on the deck and been somewhat attractive), one can ony assume the players arent playing the way he wants them to.

And better managers than Ally have had to walk when the players wont play to his tactics, formation or listen to him.......

i believe him too but i also dont think he knows how to. his 2 assts certainly dont, i know that.

no craig, at ibrox last week we were poor too. honestly, it was a slog bvut we got the goals. little scored a hat trick but played very poorly. we didnt come to life until mckay came on.

there is only one outcome that can come of this, i wish green would get his finger out and do it. it just gets harder to get investment and sell the club to potential investors with crap like that being served up.

McCoist's general game was widely accepted as being poor though. Much like his teams.

Fair point actually. He was never the greatest of players, just a goalscorer for the most part.