Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Of course, but end of the day he was still doing the bread and butter job set to him.

Ally is having us struggle in a part time league, I don't believe Walter for all his faults would have had as poor a start to the season as this.

Walter's brand of football was good enough to win the SPL 9 times out of 10 but it's hardly a long term philosophy.

McLeish is an unemployed loser that signed about 50 shite players that got paid off. He only played good football in the first 18 months when he had Advocaats team

again I'd dispute that some. I would start by saying he got more out of advocatts players than Dick could then point out we played well the second time we won with mostly his players.

Won trophies in Scotland, hardly the greatest of challenges. Complete disaster in Europe bar 2 seasons

walter was completely over rated by rangers fans. an average manager no team in england would touch after his shambles at everton and in europe.

up and down in Europe certainly. not many managers win trophys in Europe.

Up and down? We have been a train wreck in Europe for most of my living memory. A team of internationals got gubbed by Gotenburg under Smith, and another set got dumped out by Viktoria Zizkov under Eck. This is the sort of thing that has repeatedly happened. A team of players on tiny wages give us a lesson in Europe. Of course McCoist succeeded in failing to win 4 qualifying matches against shite European opposition, but he is such a terrible manager that it's barely worth talking about

walter was completely over rated by rangers fans. an average manager no team in england would touch after his shambles at everton and in europe.

he's had several offers from the epl.

he also did bloody well to keep Everton afloat in times of real hardship for them.