Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I doubt to many made the cl as often with less money tbh.

all walter had to do to make CL was win in a backwater league. he was so lucky with automatic qualification. any time he had to qualify he blew it almost every time. in fact i do not recall him ever winning a champions league qualifier, has he?

plenty clubs around europe do better with smaller budgets.

he's had several offers from the epl.

he also did bloody well to keep Everton afloat in times of real hardship for them.

no he hasnt or he would have jumped at them. wolves were about his level, in the championship.

he was hated at everton and still is.

I think people are ignoring the fact that Walter went from doing superbly with Scotland straight to 3 in a row in the SPL via Manchester.

getting a job would be no problem.

no he didnt he got us knocked out of europe again by a mediocre spanish side on his return and lost 2 titles to celtic before he got 3 in a row.

clearly getting a new job isnt going to happen. no one wants him. there have been numerous jobs up for grabs in the EPL, not one mention or interview for walter.

We have a complete new team that still has to get going. I have always said I don't think Ally should be the manager and still think that but now is not the time to judge him, he deserves more leeway. The whole experience is new for everyone we have to get used to it. We will still win the league at a canter.

Must at least have some small amount of doubt now? I don't expect anything to happen yet but I don't think under pressure would be the worst description.

It's becoming a joke now and we're in serious danger of not getting promoted if this keeps up.

I don't think Ally will be getting The Manager of the year Award! That's for sure. We are a bloody embarrassment. If you can't motivate players to perform against 3rd division bums then.......

no he didnt he got us knocked out of europe again by a mediocre spanish side on his return and lost 2 titles to celtic before he got 3 in a row.

clearly getting a new job isnt going to happen. no one wants him. there have been numerous jobs up for grabs in the EPL, not one mention or interview for walter.

pretty desperate to include his first 6 months in charge to try and make a fantastic record look bad.