Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

It's interesting (to me at least) that we lose our first league game of the season and out come the accusations about Ian Black and we've even got suggestions on here of Ally should be sacked because of signing Black.

What happened to the concept of innocent until proven guilty? We should all want that concept alive and kicking folks!

His team selections and tactics were never questioned when he took the teams before to league cup finals and scottish cup finals , or do you think walter was just kidding on when he said Ally was in charge of those , also how exactly do you know his training methods are rubbish , I hate these scatter gun posts that you throw out , thank god for the ignore button

i dont remember walter saying that and if he did then he does ally no favours. some of those performances in the cups were diabolical. walter also said ally was ready to take charge. how wrong was he! he also said the bank were running the club when he spat the dummy out about not getting even more money to spend. he was wrong. i know his training methods are rubbish because i see the evidence of our training on the field of play every week. our players cannot do the basics nor can they deliver a dead ball from any type of set piece. they cannot defend set pieces nor are they organised at any period of a game. then there is the wise words of matty mckay and john fleck who both slated allys training. our players are learning nothing.

It's interesting (to me at least) that we lose our first league game of the season and out come the accusations about Ian Black and we've even got suggestions on here of Ally should be sacked because of signing Black.

What happened to the concept of innocent until proven guilty? We should all want that concept alive and kicking folks!

i warned you all about black long BEFORE we signed him.

As a Glaswegian who worked in Edinburgh for a long number of years I got so fed up of the 'Burgers' in the know gossip. You had a story to tell about EVERY Hibee and Jambo. I couldn't believe what a wee gossipy small town mentality you have. Let it go. We are not talking the US president here. Davie Copper was a gambler. Gazza was a drinker. My God - half of our legends have been heavy drinkers.

alcohol is not illegal the same was class a drugs are.

That's the reason I'm suggesting we might have to think about this before anyone here says Ally should get the sack for hiring the guy. We don't know the full story and more importantly, it looks to an outsider as if the arresting officers didn't even have a solid case against him, otherwise he would have been found guilty in court.

not strictly true.

Am i missing something here? Was this 'alleged' substance for himself or was he trying to sell it to kids? Alcohol is a bigger killer than drugs. Were you equally as apalled that Gazza had to break into a whisky decanter at Breezeblock Boulevard in the final against Hearts before he could start playing? Did you want Gazza out?

I don't really care what you are missing, having seen the damage drugs do to people I will use that as my benchmark.

In case you are unaware it is not illegal to drink alcohol as the exchequer gets a good cut from it, whither people drink themselves to death or into ruin.

Irrespective of the virtues of Ian Black's nocturnal activities just why the f*&k did he get a start and Kyle Hutton (motm our last 2 games) get a seat in the stand?

i think this is one of allys failures, he done the same with mcculloch last season in midfield and it cost us time after time. he just has to find places for his favourites. he doesnt have the bottle or guts to drop a "big" name.